EDIT: With the implementation of MantisBT, this thread has become partly redundant. Going further, please use the following:
- MantisBT for reporting features from the original H3 still missing in VCMI (please first check they aren’t already reported!!)
- MantisBT also for no-harm enhancements (from WoG or NEW > please tag them accordingly)
- This thread can be still used if you first want feedback on your suggestions before making the official request on Mantis and for users who have issues logging into Mantis for reporting any of the above (meanwhile you can contact an admin to help you with the issue)
Modding suggestions thread is to be used for any enhancements which would alter the original gameplay.
Note: There is no thread yet to discuss the WoG ERM scripts which should take priority, because we’re trying to focus on completing recreating the original H3 first. However, if there’s any WoG feature you really think should be handled sooner rather than later, you can mention it in this thread.
To avoid mixing two different things:
- H3 features not yet implemented by the VCMI team vs
- VCMI bugs = faults/defects in the latest VCMI build (crashes, bugs or features not correctly implemented)
…I am opening this thread to collect all missing functionality requests from the testers (for devs to know what would we prefer to have it implemented sooner rather than later).
[size=75]The advantage is that we can log all requests in one place, as they are all valid until implementation (with no way back). That as opposed to bugs, which are better tracked in separate threads for each build [EDIT: This is not the case anymore, now that we have [url=http://bugs.vcmi.eu/view_all_bug_page.php]MantisBT[/size]]
This is not a thread to request functionalities/elements from WoG, HotA or other mods, which would alter the gameplay of NWC’s H3. For that we may have dedicated thread(s) in the future (certainly one for WoG, but we’ll see about the other famous mods as well if the case). If you have creative ideas for new mods, please use the Modding suggestions thread.
However, what we could actually ask for, is new features which may enhance the testing/playing experience, but without altering the gameplay experience of the original game. Examples of such feature would be:
- Support for higher resolutions
- Stack queue during battles
- Treasure Chest window defaulting on Gold/Experience to save us a mouse click
- Any other hotkeys, as long as they don’t override hotkeys from the original game
Useful link: [size=150]Click here[/size] to check which H3 in-game items have been already implemented in VCMI. They are logged in 5 different categories (see tabs at the bottom): Map objects, Spells, Secondary Skills, Artifacts & Town structures. If the item is already supported, then any functionality issues related to it should be reported in the BUGTRACKER. This topic is for items you would like to be implemented sooner from those not yet supported or to point out if anything is missing from the spreadsheet.