52 - FADING EFFECTS:
52.01 Fade out of all map items which disappear after interaction with a hero:
- spell scrolls
- resource piles
- treasure chests
- pandora’s boxes
- sea chests
- ocean bottles
- shipwreck survivors
- quest/border guards
- prisons (fade to hero)
- defeated/disbanded heroes
- defeated/fleeing/joining monsters
52.02 Fade in/out effects for battle spells:
- fade in for Summoned Elementals (and also other creatures later in WoG or other mods)
- fade in effect for Land Mines, combined with a specific animation in the beginning
- fade out effect for Removed Obstacles, in parallel with the animation on top of them
- short fade in effect for Quicksand
- short fade out effect for Teleport (it seems the fade out effect ends with the creature instantly appearing in the new hex, so no fade in - unless my eyes are deceiving me)
52.03 Fade in/out effects for adventure spells:
- fade in/out for Summoned/Scuttled boats (incl. defeated hero in boat)
- faded transition when map is recentering on the new hero position after using Town Portal or Dimension Door
52.04 Fade in/out for heroes landing or embarking
52.05 Faded transition between Surface & Underground when hero passes through the Subterranean Gate
52.06 Fade in effect when building structures in town (and fade out when the WoG destroy structure feature will be supported)
52.07 Fade in for heroes recruited at the Tavern (with same effect for the creatures in their army)
52.08 Fade out effect for the Puzzle Map.
52.09 (WoG only) When this WoG feature will be supported, fade in of monsters/artifacts the hero drops on the map (with r-click)
52.10 Short faded transition when opening/closing Town/Battle screens. And I believe there was also a very short faded transition between the game load interface and the Adventure Map, or upon leaving the Adv.Map to the Main Menu. H3 had these, but so short that we almost didn’t notice the fading effect. And maybe better so, because I don’t want to have to wait more than 1 second for my Town screen to open (and waiting for the intro battle music with armies frozen was sometimes a bit too much already). But it might be interesting to have, especially for higher resolutions, at least some short fade in/out effects when we open those screens on top of the Adventure Map.
These are by no means a priority now, but I thought of listing them all in one place, before people start reporting them one by one in various bug threads (as I already saw a report for just one of the items I listed at 52.01). I hope I didn’t forget anything, so feel free to point out if anything is missing.
53 - FADING SOUNDS: All of the above fading effects are accompanied by a specific sound (except for 52.10). It may be a good idea, after implementing one or the other, to check if the associated sound works as well.