Cathedral and 3 towns released!

No problem. Just forum is for helping :slight_smile: Just you must know that VCMI is - techncially speaking - tottally diffirent game that clones h3 assets and mechanics without h3 limits. But VCMI is still under development, has many bugs and missing functionalities. But slowly vcmi is growing!

got any teases of fairy city yet??

I am just doing new portraits for 4 new alignments.
There are many things to be improved for these towns.

like new portrait of riera and gabrielle

Very nice! I look forward to seeing more of your stuff, it inspires me to work on stuff again for vcmi.

Hey, These new Towns look really great and I was really hoping to play them right away, I downloaded them but my VCMi client crashes after the 3DO titlle screen. Is this because the mod is still in development or is there a way to get past this and play it right away?

I am using VCMI version 0.99

Probably you have installed old 0.99 version. Install most recent version from here: https://builds.vcmi.download/branch/develop/Windows/

Okay, I Found it!

VCMI_Client_log.txt (478.1 KB)VCMI_Launcher_log.txt (4.1 KB)
VCMI_Server_log.txt (785.3 KB)

Could you upload here all log.txt files?

Ok, I think I know the problem. Links from first post are broken somehow. Use new, fixed mod links from here:

thank you, so far it works and I’ve had no problems:+1::+1::+1: apart from the game crashing when I buy troops via the Castle, but if I’m not mistaken I think I’ve seen someone talk about it being the unstable version of vcmi

Yes, crash fort bug is known (it is not vcmi bug, only online compilers). But you can use two alternative ways of buying units. You can click Fort icon like in hd mod to get access to quick recruiments window, or click at the small creatures icons at the left-botton part of townscreen!

Okay, once again thanks a lot. Now I can enjoy these amazing looking towns and creatures, I remember trying out Bastille and Asylum a long time ago when the creatures looked very plain; however now they look really professional so also props to @By003 :hugs::muscle::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Did you read that @By003? It’s about time to reveal some spoilers from your Fairy Town :]

1 Like

In Bastille town, Resource Silo gives +1 sulfur, not +1 crystal as stated in description.

Amazing work By003! I love your towns, I think they are underatted by the community, but there are people playing your mods (at least me) and enoying it.
It seems you don’t have time for working, but I will be happy, if you come back at some day. :slight_smile:
Some update for units 5, 6 i 7 lvl in Preserve would be very appreacatied, because those grafics don’t stick pretty well to Heros III. Also, you made appetaite for new Fairy town.

Whatever you are doing in your life, I wish you everything the best! :slight_smile:

I know long time ago you typed that, but do you still have these def files or models ?

Cathedral is my favourite modded town and it fkts very well in HOMM3. I actually hope HotA crew will implement this idea and do evil-like fanatic human town, maybe even colaborate with you! That would be epic. Thanks for your work, the town is awesome, just the level 7 unit needs some animation polish and it is divine. :slight_smile:

I hope so. However, the models are not completed and hota seems to abandon this town for a long time, as well as Kronverk.