Hi everyone, today marks one week since I began learning VCMI modding and I wanted to share with you my 1-week progress. I used Cathedral Mod as a base and every creatures/heroes have been replaced and my town is fully playable. Though, I don’t know if it’s compatible with Cathedral mod but I changed most IDs so it should be okay.
You can find the download link below and I would really appreciate any reviews of that very-early version so that I could improve what I’ve done and what I could do next. To do list: Town screen, buildings stats (costs/effects) and the puzzle & siege segments.
Download link: Refugee Town (v0.1)
Refugee is a new town that takes its inspiration from WoG’s Neutral Town. The common point of its creatures is their nonbelonging to the other factions. Thus, this castle sports concepts such as nomadism, motley armies and makeshift solutions.
I tried my best to take the most interesting neutral creatures that doesn’t belong to any faction. Each creatures have their own IDs and doesn’t change anything to the real neutral creatures. They also have their own stats & abilities that make them “unique” (some of them got buffed while others got nerfed to fit the dwelling’s level).
Screenshot(s) & Video(s):
Refugee Town - version 0.2 (upcoming):
- Edited buildings’ resources costs, unlocking tree & names (Cathedral -> Refugee)
- Edited Creatures portraits & BG to fit the new Town screen
- Edited In-game Mage Guild BG to fit the new Town screen
Refugee Town - version 0.1:
- New Town “Refugee” with complete units roster (/w portraits)
- New Refugee’s heroes with their own skills/speciality/etc. (/w portraits)
- New Refugee’s Commander