After another two months of development we are happy to issue a next release of VCMI. It doesn’t bring so many features as the previous ones, we have mostly focused on bugfixing.
The most useful new feature is probably the possibility of returning to the main menu without restarting application (via System Options window). We have also added support for a few new town structures and made various minor improvements.
There is a lot of bugfixes - about 80 issues have been resolved. Please check the changelog below and bugtracker for the list.
Check items implementation status for the full information about which map objects, town structures, skills, spells and artifacts are supported.
Download link: forum.vcmi.eu/dload.php?action=download&id=15 (3.5MB, ZIP Archive)
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder.
WoG 3.58f is required. We strongly recommend using English version.
If you have older version of VCMI, you have to overwrite it.
Save format has been changed, savegames from previous versions won’t work with 0.75.
VCMI supports 800x600, 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1440x900 and 1600x1200 screen resolutions. To use custom resolution, type (before starting the actual game!) in the console “resolution” and pick appropriate one. Alternatively, you can change default resolution by the editing config/settings.txt file.
Many thanks for all testers and developers who contributed to this build.
For the general information about our project look here. Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it.
We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here. VCMI is an open source project licensed on GNU GPL 2.0 or higher. Our SVN repository with all the sources is available here.
You can look get help in building and developing VCMI sources in the development board.
0.74 -> 0.75 (Dec 01 2009)
- Implemented “main menu” in-game option.
- Hide the mouse cursor while displaying a popup window.
- Better handling of huge and empty message boxes (still needs more changes)
- Fixed several crashes when exiting.
- Movement cursor shown for unguarded enemy towns.
- Battle cursor shown for guarded enemy garrisons.
- Clicking on the border no longer opens an empty info windows
- Improved artifact moving. Available slots are higlighted. Moved artifact is bound to mouse cursor.
- new special town structures supported:
- Academy of Battle Scholars
- Cage of Warlords
- Mana Vortex
- Skyship (revealing entire map only)
- External dwellings increase town growth
- Right-click info window for castles and garrisons you do not own shows a rough amount of creatures instead of none
- Scholar won’t give unavaliable spells anymore.
A lot of of various bugfixes and improvements:
bugs.vcmi.eu/search.php?project_ … atus_id=-2
Full changelog is available here.