as we promised, we are releasing a new VCMI version from 0.6x series: VCMI 0.62. It brings many improvements, bugfixes and features.
We’ve used a new server - common library - client architecture. Use VCMI_client.exe to run game and do not block VCMI_server.exe
There will be next release (0.63) with further improvements in the battles (we want to make them at least winnable before 0.7).
Download link: forum.vcmi.eu/dload.php?action=download&id=5
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder.
WoG 3.58f is required. We strongly recommend using English version.
If you have older version of VCMI you can overwrite it.
Thanks for Zamolxis, dikamilo, Werter and everyone else who helped us with testing and improving VCMI.
For the general information about our project look here.
Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it. Please report all the problems in the appropriate board. We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here.
There a few known issues with current release - check here.
0.61 -> 0.62 (Sep 01 2008)
- restructured to the server-client model
- support for heroes placed in towns
- upgrading creatures
- working gaining levels for heroes (including dialog with skill selection)
- added graphical cursor
- showing creature amount in the creature info window
- giving starting bonus
- icon in infobox showing that there is hero in town garrison
- fort/citadel/castle screen
- taking last stack from the heroes army should be impossible (or at least harder)
- fixed reading forbidden structures
- randomizing spells in towns
- viewing hero window in the town screen
- possibility of moving hero into the garrison
- mage guild screen
- support for blacksmith
- if hero doesn’t have a spell book, he can buy one in a mage guild
- it’s possible to build glyph of fear in fortress
- creatures placeholders work properly
- hopefully fixed problems with wrong town defs (village/fort/capitol)
- bugfix: splitting stacks works in hero window
- removed bug causing significant increase of CPU consumption
- removed some displaying problems
- showing last group of frames in creature animation won’t crash
- added start moving and end moving animations
- fixed moving two-hex creatures
- showing/hiding graphic cursor
- a part of using graphic cursor
- slightly optimized showing of battle interface
- animation of getting hit / death by shooting is displayed when it should be
- improved pathfinding in battles, removed problems with displaying movement, adventure map interface won’t be called during battles.
- minor optimizations
- updates settings when selecting new map after changing sorting criteria
- if sorting not by name, name will be used as a secondary criteria
- when filter is applied a first available map is selected automatically
- slider position updated after sorting in pregame
- support for the Tree of knowledge
- support for Campfires
- added event message when picking artifact
Full changelog is available here.