VCMI for Android

Your device has Intel chipset, x86 is not supported by my port (yet).

I have the same problem with the tablet LG V500.
Please add support for my tablet :slight_smile:

It should work fine with your tablet, please send me logcat output after the app crashes.

But how to do it? I do not know much about this and did not know how to do it.
Do I have to use some program?
Thank you for your help!

Hello,

after 2 Weeks and 7 Days on the map ā€œAll for Oneā€ the blue AIs turn wonā€™t finish. Iā€™m aware that the AIs turns tend to take very long but Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve waited long enough. Probably like 15 Minutes.
Is there a solution or is this something we will have to live with at this point?

Greets

Well, android version was not updated for a while. AFAIK there are some improvements on this subject in repositories.

THL T200c 8 core 1.7 ghz 2 gb ram Android 4.2.2 Not yet rooted or modded

Just uploaded latest vcmi and heroes 3 with current WOG (uploaded this week)

AI turn horribly slow on Medium map Battle Of The Sexes Month 2 Week 2 Day 2 AI turn taking 5+ minutes with only vcmi app working.

Have expanded screen blanking to maximum 30 minutes.

Hope this info helps

The latest version of VCMI is NOT yet on Android. Hopefully it comes live in the following days, though.

Thank you. I meant latest available for android.

I will report back when new android version is available. Have been playing Heroes since Heroes 1 :slight_smile:

This is running great on my Galaxy S5.

I do have a question though, as someone else also asked earlier in this thread: Is it possible to ā€œright clickā€ objects somehow? Currently I donā€™t know how to check enemy heroes, neutral map creatures etc. to see how strong they are, which is kind of essential.

If itā€™s not currently possible, is this something thatā€™ll be looked into in the future?

Thank you for your hard work. :slight_smile:

Touch the screen with second finger while holding over thing you want to right click.

That works, thank you. :slight_smile:

The way it currently works is however a bit prone to making mistakes. Say I want to inspect an enemy hero right next to mine. The first time I right click is fine, but thereā€™s something I forgot to check. I try to right click again, but because I did so too fast Iā€™ve now accidently attacked the enemy hero since he was already targeted.

An alternative could be to make a button in the upper left corner (beneath the text input button) that toggles between left click and right click mode. That would in my opinion be a more elegant solution, less prone to mistakes.

Also Iā€™ve got to echo some of the earlier posts about the enemy AI taking forever to do their turns.

Iā€™m sorry if I come across as whiny, I just see great promise in this project and want to give my input. ;p

Well you can set it as you want, just press ā€œChange device configurationā€ while running VCMI (when SDL logo is shown). Lot of options there, you can set right click to a physical button for example.

I really look forward to a fully working vcmi android. It looks beautiful and is very nesrly there. Cannot get past 3 months 1 week 6 days despite choosing different paths

By the way, when to expect 0.96 for Android?

When VCMI is started, there some SDL settings available. You can change the way right click is made (but other ways of right click are also not much better for my thick fingers)

i installed VCMI on my Galaxy S5. Run it the first time, it loads ok except for the resolution is a bit messed up making the game looked huge on my screen. So exited the game and relaunch VCMI, but now it comes up with message ā€œUnfortunately VCMI has stoppedā€. I have even tried restarting the phone then relaunching the app, it still doesnā€™t work. Anyone knows how to fix this?

0.96 is not on Google Play yet because it crashes on one of my devices and I havenā€™t had enough time to debug this crash. Iā€™ve uploaded the build here: a.pomf.se/hvxaig.apk, it may or may not work for you.

I tested VCMI 6 (apk from link in your post), everything works fine until I start the map - it crashes there.

Seems that actual version of Nightly build on Google Play has a very little faster AI and some graphic issues are solved comparing to stabile build on Google Play, however still it takes for AI too much time like I described in other thread (you may saw it xyz, itā€™s that I linked to in my PM to you).

Anyway, looking forward to update, especially that at the beginning of July this year on some websites information about VCMI on Android appear, your better recognizable and still there are many people who download the game from Google Play.

If you want free tester I can help. :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œSebtā€]

Well then, whatā€™s the error you get?

upd: Iā€™ve found and fixed some really stupid bug, new release will be available soon