we are proudly releasing VCMI 0.93. Fulfilling numerous requests, with this release VCMI supports pure SoD installation. WoG/ERA is not required anymore, though remains and will remain supported.
There are also other numerous improvements to the mod system. Because of that the mods from 0.92 and 0.93 are not compatible. The manual on updating mods to 0.93 build is published on project wiki.
Modding system in VCMI is already quite powerful. Please visit Mod list to get the mods, like new towns, artifacts, main menu screen.
For the bugreports that we resolved in this release, please check the bugtracker changelog.
Check items implementation status for the full information about which spells, artifacts and campaign features are supported.
Linux: Packages and installation instructions (wiki page).
List of currently available mods ready for download and install. Just extract packages inside Mods/ folder.
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder. If you have older version of VCMI, delete it first.
VCMI works with SoD, WoG 3.58f and ERA installations. We recommend using English version, though VCMI should also work with other language versions. If you want to make your H3 installation English, extract this package into Data/ subfolder.
Save format has been changed, savegames from previous versions won’t work with 0.93.
VCMI supports 800x600, 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1080 and 1920x1080 screen resolutions. To switch default resolution in system settings window click “HIGH” button and select resolution (available only in game). As for now custom resolution is only applied when the map is started.
Many thanks for all testers and developers who contributed to this build.
For the general information about our project look here. Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it.
We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here. VCMI is an open source project licensed on GNU GPL 2.0 or higher. Our SVN repository with all the sources is available here.
You can look for help in building and developing VCMI sources in the development board.
0.92 -> 0.93 (Jun 01 2013)
- Support for SoD-only installations, WoG becomes optional addition
- New logging framework
- Negative luck support, disabled by default
- Several new icons for creature abilities (Fire Shield, Non-living, Magic Mirror, Spell-like Attack)
- Fixed stack artifact (and related buttons) not displaying in creature window.
- Fixed crash at month of double population.
- See wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Mod … _-.3E_0.93 for compatibility info.
- Improved json validation. Now it support most of features from latest json schema draft.
- Icons use path to icon instead of image indexes.
- It is possible to edit data of another mod or H3 data via mods.
- Mods can access only ID’s from dependenies, virtual “core” mod and itself (optional for some mods compatibility)
- Removed no longer needed field “projectile spins”
- Heroes: split heroes.json in manner similar to creatures\factions; string ID’s for H3 heroes; h3 hero classes and artifacts can be modified via json.
- Fixed Death Stare of Commanders
- Projectile blitting should be closer to original H3. But still not perfect.
- Fixed missing Mirth effects
- Stack affected by Berserk should not try to attack itself
- Fixed several cases of incorrect positioning of creatures in battles
- Fixed abilities of Efreet.
- Fixed broken again palette in some battle backgrounds
- VCMI will not crash if building selection area is smaller than def
- Detection of transparency on selection area is closer to H3
- Improved handling buildings with mode “auto”:
- they will be properly processed (new creatures will be added if dwelling, spells learned if mage guild, and so on)
- transitive dependencies are handled (A makes B build, and B makes C and D)
- Added missing WoG creature sounds (from Kuririn).
- The Windows package comes with DLLs needed to play .ogg files
- (linux) convertMP3 option for vcmibuilder for systems where SDL_Mixer can’t play mp3’s
- some missing sounds for battle effects
- Several fixes to combined artifacts added via mods.
- Fixed Spellbinder’s Hat giving level 1 spells instead of 5.
- Fixed incorrect components of Cornucopia.
- Cheat code with grant all artifacts, including the ones added by mods
Full changelog is available here.