VCMI 0.81 released!

Hello,
we’re happy to release VCMI 0.81. There are no revolutionary changes, just simple “more of everything”. Zone of Control has been implemented for monsters on adventure map - they’ll now guard neighbouring tiles. Several first adventure map spells are supported. All war machines are now functional.

We have also done a number of bugfixes - about 30 issues have been resolved. Please check the changelog below and bugtracker for the list.

Check items implementation status for the full information about which map objects, town structures, skills, spells, artifacts, creature abilities and victory conditions are supported.

Download link: forum.vcmi.eu/dload.php?action=download&id=17 (3.9MB, ZIP Archive)

Installation:
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder.
WoG 3.58f is required. We strongly recommend using English version.
If your game is in another language, you can extract this package into Data/ subfolder - that will make your H3 installation English.
If you have older version of VCMI, you have to overwrite it.

Save format has been changed, savegames from previous versions won’t work with 0.81.

VCMI supports 800x600, 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1366x768 (replacing 1336x768) and 1680x1080 screen resolutions. To use custom resolution, type (before starting the actual game!) in the console “resolution” and pick appropriate one. Alternatively, you can change default resolution by the editing config/settings.txt file.

Acknowledgements:
Many thanks for all testers and developers who contributed to this build.

For the general information about our project look here. Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it.

Since VCMI 0.74 we have deployed separate bugtracker. Please report bugs using this form. Check this page for list of known bugs and details.

We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here. VCMI is an open source project licensed on GNU GPL 2.0 or higher. Our SVN repository with all the sources is available here.
You can look for help in building and developing VCMI sources in the development board.

CHANGELOG
0.8 -> 0.81 (Jun 01 2010)
GENERAL:

• It’s possible to start campaign
  • Support for build grail victory condition
  • New artifacts supported:
  • Angel’s Wings
  • Boots of levitation
  • Orb of Vulnerability
  • Ammo cart
  • Golden Bow
  • Hourglass of Evil Hour
  • Bow of Sharpshooter
  • Armor of the Damned

ADVENTURE MAP:

• Creatures now guard surrounding tiles
  • New adventura map spells supported:
  • Summon Boat
  • Scuttle Boat
  • Dimension Door
  • Fly
  • Water walk

BATTLES:

• A number of new creature abilities supported
  • First Aid Tent is functional
  • Support for distance/wall/melee penalties & no * penalty abilities
  • Reworked damage calculation to fit OH3 formula better
  • Luck support
  • Teleportation spell

HERO:

• First Aid secondary skill
  • Improved formula for necromancy to match better OH3

TOWNS:

• Sending resources to other players by marketplace
  • Support for new town structures:
  • Lighthouse
  • Colossus
  • Freelancer’s Guild
  • Guardian Spirit
  • Necromancy Amplifier
  • Soul Prison

OBJECTS:
New object supported:

• Freelancer’s Guild
  • Trading Post
  • War Machine Factory

Full changelog is available here.

VCMI Team

PS. Only 10 adventure map objects remain unsupported. We’re close! :slight_smile:

that may sound noobish,but those maps Arrogance3 and 4 are for testing the new version?

Based on the dates of the files (2008 & 2009) I’d say not. My guess is that they are there for the devs to quickly start a map before the release and check that the basic functionalities still work fine with the newly built package.

is there a problem if i also have installed 3.58f script update?

Script update should not affect VCMI in any way, scripts are not supported yet and therefore ignored. So everything should work fine. :slight_smile:

Shall I understand based on this screenshot that there’s going to be a 0.81b release soon? :slight_smile:

I also noticed earlier today someone marked 0.81 as obsolete in Mantis, which made me think for a sec at the same thing (I thought 0.81b was just released, so I jumped to the forum to see if anything was announced). But I guess the change was just by mistake (or even a bug), so I re-enabled 0.81 for now.

Generally immediately after release I bump the version number, so builds (or screenshots from them) from SVN trunk can be distinguished.

I haven’t decided when 0.81b will be. I’d like to release it when we have all remaining adventure map objects, town structures and typical hero specialities supported. We’re pretty close on all that fields.

It must have been my mistake. Sorry for trouble.