After another two months of development we are proud to present a new release of VCMI.
It brings a lot of fixes and several important features:
- Support for videos.
- Exchange window. It’s finally possible to exchange artifacts and creatures between your hereos.
- Sailing support. You can buy a boat in shipyard and visit most of the sea objects. Water areas became accessible!
- Special battlegrounds supported.
- More artifacts and objects (including creature generators) supported.
Please also check items implementation status for the full information.
Download link: forum.vcmi.eu/dload.php?action=download&id=13 (2.8MB, ZIP Archive)
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder.
WoG 3.58f is required. We strongly recommend using English version.
If you have older version of VCMI, you have to overwrite it.
Remember that it’s possible to save the game by typing "save " in the console or by pressing “Save” button in the system options window. Game can be loaded using the main menu. Old saves from 0.7x are not supported, format has been changed. Only the saves from development build 0.72d are compatible but when using old save, some old bugs will be still present. We recommend removing old games manually.
VCMI supports 1024x600, 1024x768, 1600x1200 (new, provided by tstandley) screen resolutions. To use custom resolution, type (before starting the actual game!) in the console “resolution” and pick appropriate one. Alternatively, you can change default resolution by the editing config/settings.txt file.
We are still planning at least one more release in 0.7x. Considered features are creature banks and town sieges. Stay tuned
Thanks for Boulie, Fnord, fLuXx, Ivan, krystian1995, majaczek, pHOMM, Psyringe, ral_il_an, ubuntux, Warmonger, Zamolxis and everyone else who helped us with testing and improving VCMI.
For the general information about our project look here.
Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it. Please report all the problems in the appropriate thread. There is also present a list of already known issues.
We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here. VCMI is an open source project licensed on GNU GPL 2.0 or higher. Our SVN repository with all the sources is available here.
You can look get help in building and developing VCMI sources in the development board.
0.72 -> 0.73 (1 Aug 2009)
- infowindow popup will be completely on screen
- fixed possible crash with in game console
- fixed crash when gaining artifact after r-click on hero in tavern
- Estates / hero bonuses won’t give resources on first day.
- video handling (intro, main menu animation, tavern animation, spellbook animation, battle result window)
- hero meeting window allowing exchanging armies and artifacts between heroes on adventure map
- ‘T’ hotkey opens marketplace window
- giving starting spells for heroes
- pressing enter or escape close spellbook
- removed redundant quotation marks from skills description and artifact events texts
- disabled autosaving on first turn
- bonuses from bonus artifacts
- increased char per line limit for subtitles under components
- corrected some exp/level values
- primary skills cannot be negative
- support for new artifacts: Ring of Vitality, Ring of Life, Vial of Lifeblood, Garniture of Interference, Surcoat of Counterpoise, Boots of Polarity
- fixed timed events reappearing
- saving system options
- saving hero direction
- r-click popups on enemy heroes and towns
- hero leveling formula matches the H3
- Garrisoning, then removing hero from garrison move him at the end of the heroes list
- The size of the frame around the map depends on the screen size.
- spellbook shows adventure spells when opened on adventure map
- erasing path after picking objects with last movement point
- spell resistance supported (secondary skill, artifacts, creature skill)
- corrected damage inflicted by spells and ballista
- added some missing projectile infos
- added native terrain bonuses in battles
- number of units in stack in battle should better fit the box
- non-living and undead creatures have now always 0 morale
- displaying luck effect animation
- support for battleground overlays:
- cursed ground
- magic plains
- fiery fields
- rock lands
- magic clouds
- lucid pools
- holy ground
- clover field
- evil fog
- fixes for horde buildings
- garrisoned hero can buy a spellbook if he is selected or if there is no visiting hero
- capitol bar in town hall is grey (not red) if already one exists
- fixed crash on entering hall when town was near map edge
- garrisoned heroes won’t be shown on the list
- artifacts will be present on morale/luck bonuses list
- saves are sorted primary by map format, secondary by name
- fixed displaying date of saved game (uses local time, removed square character)
- Fixed primary/secondary skill levels given by a scholar.
- fixed problems with 3-tiles monoliths
- fixed crash with flaggable building next to map edge
- fixed some descriptions for events
- New objects supported:
- Creature Generators
- Ocean bottle
- Sea Chest
- Shipwreck Survivor
Full changelog is available here.