because we found too many bugs in the 0.63, we decided to make one more release in 0.6x series. A lot of bugfixes has been done. We’ve also added several new features that should make testing nicer
Download link: forum.vcmi.eu/dload.php?action=download&id=9
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder.
WoG 3.58f is required. We strongly recommend using English version.
If you have older version of VCMI, you have to overwrite it.
Thanks for Zamolxis, Steven Aus, Tarnoob, krystian1995 and everyone else who helped us with testing and improving VCMI.
For the general information about our project look here.
Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it. Please report all the problems in the appropriate board. We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here.
0.63 -> 0.64 (Nov 01 2008)
sprites from /Sprites folder are handled correctly
several fixes for pathfinder and path arrows
better handling disposed/predefined heroes
heroes regain 1 mana point each turn
support for mistycisim and intelligence skills
hero hiring possible
added support for a number of hotkeys
it’s not possible anymore to leave hero level-up window without selecting secondary skill
many minor improvements
Added some kind of simple chatting functionality through console. Implemented several WoG cheats equivalents:
a) woggaladriel -> vcmiainur
b) wogoliphaunt -> vcminoldor
c) wogshadowfax -> vcminahar
d) wogeyeofsauron -> vcmieagles
e) wogisengard -> vcmiformenos
f) wogsaruman -> vcmiistari
g) wogpathofthedead -> vcmiangband
h) woggandalfwhite -> vcmiglorfindel
- clicking on a tile in advmap view when a path is shown will not only hide it but also calculate a new one
- slowed map scrolling
- blocked scrolling adventure map with mouse when left ctrl is pressed
- blocked map scrolling when dialog window is opened
- scholar will be accessible from the top
- partially done tavern window (only hero hiring functionality)
- water elemental will really be treated as 2 hex creature
- potential infinite loop in reverseCreature removed
- better handling of battle cursor
- fixed blocked shooter behavior
- it’s possible in battles to check remeaining HP of neutral stacks
- partial support for Magic Arrow spell
- fixed bug with dying unit
- stack queue hotkey is now ‘Q’
- added shots limit
Full changelog is available here.