a new version of VCMI is ready. It brings a number of improvements, fixes and new features. The most important one are winnable battles.
It’s probably the last version from the 0.6x series. If no critical bugs are found in this release, we’ll move directly to 0.7.
Download link: forum.vcmi.eu/dload.php?action=download&id=8
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder.
WoG 3.58f is required. We strongly recommend using English version.
If you have older version of VCMI you can overwrite it.
Thanks for Zamolxis, Steven Aus, Tilogour, Werter, krystian1995 and everyone else who helped us with testing and improving VCMI.
For the general information about our project look here.
Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it. Please report all the problems in the appropriate board. We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here.
0.62 -> 0.63 (Oct 01 2008)
- coloured console output, logging all info to txt files
- it’s possible to use other port than 3030 by passing it as an additional argument
- removed some redundant warnings
- partially done spellbook
- Alt+F4 quits the game
- some crashbugs was fixed
- added handling of navigation, logistics, pathfinding, scouting end estates secondary skill
- magical hero are given spellbook at the beginning
- added initial secondary skills for heroes
- very significant optimization of battles
- battle summary window
- fixed crashbug occurring sometimes on exiting battle
- confirm window is shown before retreat
- graphic stack queue in battle (shows when ‘c’ key is pressed)
- it’s possible to attack enemy hero
- neutral monster army disappears when defeated
- casualties among hero army and neutral creatures are saved
- better animation handling in battles
- directional attack in battles
- mostly done battle options (although they’re not saved)
- added receiving exp (and leveling-up) after a won battle
- added support for archery, offence and armourer secondary abilities
- hero’s primary skills accounted for damage dealt by creatures in battle
- mostly done marketplace
- fixed crashbug with battles on swamps and rough terrain
- heroes can learn new spells in towns
- working resource silo
- fixed bug with the mage guild when no spells available
- it’s possible to build lighthouse
- setting army formation
- tooltips for artifacts in backpack
- fixed bug with disappearing head of a hero in adventure map
- some objects are no longer accessible from the top
- no tooltips for objects under FoW
- events won’t be shown
- working Subterranean Gates, Monoliths
- minimap shows all flaggable objects (towns, mines, etc.)
- artifacts we pick up go to the appropriate slot (if free)
Full changelog is available here.