VCMI 0.61 Released!

Hello,
as we promised, we are releasing a new VCMI version from 0.6x series: VCMI 0.61. It brings mainly bugfixes, though there are a few new features as well. It’s now possible to attack and kill hostile stacks in the battles, though it’s still impossible to end them in any other way than escaping.

There will be next release (0.62) with further improvements in the battles (we want to make them at least winnable before 0.7).

Download link: forum.vcmi.eu/dload.php?action=download&id=4

Installation:
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder.
WoG 3.58f is required. We strongly recommend using English version.
If you have older version of VCMI you can overwrite it.

Acknowledgements:
Thanks for Steven Aus, GrayFace and mvmichael for testing and reporting bugs.

For the general information about our project look here.
Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it. Please report all the problems in the appropriate board. We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here.

CHANGELOG:
0.6 -> 0.61 (Jun 15 2008)
Improvements:

• improved attacking in the battles
  • it’s possible to kill hostile stack
  • animations won’t go in the same phase
  • Better pathfinder
  • “%s” substitutions in Right-click information in town hall
  • windmill won’t give wood
  • hover text for heroes
  • support for ZSoft-style PCX files in /Data
  • Splitting: when moving slider to the right so that 0 is left in old slot the army is moved
  • in the townlist in castle selected town will by placed on the 2nd place (not 3rd)
  • stack at the limit of unit’s range can now be attacked
  • range of unit is now properly displayed
  • battle log is scrolled down when new event occurs
  • console is closed when application exits

Bugfixes:

• stack at the limit of unit’s range can now be attacked
  • good background for the town hall screen in Stronghold
  • fixed typo in hall.txt
  • VCMI won’t crash when r-click neutral stack during the battle
  • water won’t blink behind shipyard in the Castle
  • fixed several memory leaks
  • properly displaying two-hex creatures in recruit/split/info window
  • corrupted map file won’t cause crash on initializing main menu

Full changelog is available here.

VCMI Team

Everyone who downloaded VCMI 0.61 package today (Jun 16) before 13:16 should download this file and put it into the config/ subfolder. The first version of released package contained old version of that file which can cause several minor bugs.
If you have downloaded VCMI 0.61 after that time you don’t have to do anything, the package has been updated.

Sorry for inconvenience.
VCMI Team

Thanks for you work. Continue like this. Each version is more and more impressive. I will follow your work till the end, so please don’t give up, because it could be a wonderfull program.

It doesn’t work on Windows 98.

Unfortunately I don’t have any machine with Windows 98, so if your problem is caused by the OS I don’t know if I can do anything for you…
Anyway, it would be best if you give more information (HMM language version, any additional mods, console output).

is it normal if i right-click don’t show creuture, etc., i cannot buy creature on the Fort, adventure map bottons doesn’t work

^^
windows vista x64

and i cannot shoot (with elven) in the battle and click to shoot jump to next creature(centure)

i battle run i have error

I make it Shootable Dwarf model I like they add to the game new monster or Rampart:P

rapidshare.com/files/127253616/CBDWAR.def

These features are not yet fully implemented. Right-clicks should show info about creature only in garrisons and battles. You can buy creatures only by clicking on appropriate building.

Some of them sould work (next hero, underground / ground, end turn). The rest is not yet implemented.

It’s not yet implemented.

Could you describe it more precisely?

We know that sometimes starting battle results in an error but we would appreciate if you gave us a way to reproduce this error (ie. ‘when I attack this creatures on this map VCMI always crashes’).

ATM we are repropducing original WoG with it’s creatures. Currently we are not going to add new creatures / objects / spells etc.

VCMI is a work in progress and therefore it’s full of missing features. Please don’t report them. We still know what we sould add. We’d like to receive only bugreports until more things are done.

okey, sry

(during battle) I click to Rouge to shoot him with Rampart-Elven by enemy turn jumped again go my any monster

good Idea VCMI when they write 1.0 in the future