Some ideas and proposals

Just to say “Hello!”… A great project, guys! Thank you. I am a fan of HMM from the very begining - played it with my son (he is may be elder than the most of you here, do’t ask about me) on my first PC under DOS and some memory manager - DOS4GW or somethig of the sort.

I have not red all the threads in the forum, so if I am repeting something already commented, I apologise.

So:

• ERM is a real pain in the ass. It’s a waste of time to develop support for it. VERM may become nice, but at the price of a lot of time and efforts. So Python is just fine - have perfect object hierarchy support, built-in XML parser and ready-to-use YAML parser.
  • All game objects to be identified by the engine and scripting language by unique objectID, not by coords as in ERM. This allow to move the objects on the map without changing their scripts.
  • A DoNotChangeShape flag for map objects. Tried to place a town looking like garrison (using ERM), but when build some improvement, the garrison is disapearing (it is still there, but invisible). I suppose this issue apear because of hardcoded function of the town object, changing shape after fort/citadel/castle is built, but it is activated after every improvement is built.
  • A passability flag for hotspot (the yellow square) edges. Normaly the northern edge is not passable, except the horizontal garrison.

That is what I recall for now. I will append in this thread if apear something more.

"- A passability flag for hotspot (the yellow square) edges. Normaly the northern edge is not passable, except the horizontal garrison. "

Good idea actually, but not the right thread, there’s a thread for suggestion already.