Nullkiller AI

Thanks for this fix. Now I can finish map without problems!

Oppositesā€™ turn costs me very long time to wait for their ending. Can you fix it? It is hard to continue this game with a big map, or it will be fine if you can make it faster.

Could you provide the map and the mod list? How much time does one AI turn take?
There is a long term plan to use some multi-threading but this is a big task.

I only used 5 new town mods, sometimes AI will cost me 3 to 5 minutes for one turn.
I know this is a very big taskā€¦because I also learned for programming and now I am working for software testingā€¦ I expect it will be better, and it is really good now, only less bugs lead to crash.

A mapā€¦emm, I suppose some big map (L or XL) with boats will cost a long time.

Wish a great improvement soon, and thanks for your effort.

3-5 minutes for a single AI or for a few of them? It does not look horrible. I heard about a few hours per turn when mods are enabled. I will start working towards multithreading soon.

AI turns can last longer. Especially if you play normally, without cheat code for revealing map :slight_smile:

Maybe one day I will remove cheating but for now it will cost an arm and a leg to do this.

I talked about something else :wink: When I start map and type vcmieagles to observe ai behaviour - ai turns take some times. But, when I start map with fog of war - ai turns last longer (in late game of course).
AI cheating is fine for now.

3-5 minutes for a single. It is hard to play with a big map.

It is glad to see your AI was updated yesterday in your daily build, and it seems AI becomes increasingly better.

An arm and a leg? Does it mean very expensive? Maybe very time-consuming?

since when does ai use cheats???

In Nullkiller builds - since always.

On the first day once to reveal the map.

but this is cheating

AI in vanilla H3 is cheating in similar way but you canā€™t see it because you dobā€™t get any messages about it.

thanks i didnā€™t know

why AI then visits the cartographerā€™s hut in the original?

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=2523

1 Like

My AI also can visit such objects just in case. Also cheating is a bit unfair but first of all you always have save/load. Second from AI development side some cheating ease life and allow to acquire some result quicker. Later I might consider hiding the map but it requires some development effort to port VCAI exploring logic and add some features. Btw AI is not able to bypass dark cover from necropolis for now because it casts cheat only once on the first day and necropolis covers map around it each turn and AI has no exploration at all.

and when will it be in mainline ??

@Nullkiller There were some small commits added to main code lately. Are you going to update your branch with them?