Nullkiller AI

It should not be a problem for AI. But I will check. There might be a bug.

Tested it with simple map using star axis and monolit and dwelling and it works. It might be fear or absence of any valuable goal. Logs can bring more lite on this problem so logs and save files are much better then screenshot. It will help to fix issues quickly.
Anyway @misiokles thank you for your time testing it. I really appreciate your interest in my work and looking forward for more feedback.
I continue stabilization and add small features. Latest commits contain also fresh changes from develop

Few more notices.
AI likes to make chains. It’s ok, but… I often met AI hero that had army with 3 diffirent aligments so bad morale during fight was deadly for enemy.
AI develops mostly starting town. When it conquers a town, it loose interest with developing it and resourses lie nearby not gathered.

Morale management is on my list. Should not be hard to implement but requires some investigations on how morale works.

@Nullkiller https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/Morale

@Nullkiller it is possible that AI turns last longer when we play without vcmieagles cheat?
And when AI losses town with pre-builded tavern, it never builds Tavern in any other town it posses.

It might be some endless loop which is not activated when AI has a lot of objects to think about. The main loop has 30 iterations max so it is not endless but might be very long.
In general AI is not able to play without vcmieagles because it has no exploration module onboard.
Tavern issue I will add to my list of problems.

No no no, I mean when I type vcmieagles at start to observe AI movements - computer turns take shorter than when I start to play with fog of war to be surprised by AI :slight_smile:

It might be effect of looking what is going on. Try to measure real time.

Also I have plans to introduce game complexity and on low complexity I can disable some features like hero chain saving some CPU speed.

Basic morale management was introduced. Now AI should not take too many alignments

1 Like

I’ve noticed in fresh daily build that I got some unreproduceable crashes and the and of AI turn or begginning my turns (saving gamestate).

Might be. I recently got undefined behavior after some performance optimization. Griphons started attacking adjacent stacks, catapult got fire armor. So crashes is not the most horrible thing. For now AI can be treated as a bit unstable. Anyway if you have crash dump it will help very much (but only if I will be able to open it, my c++ skills are not very strong).

The map editor does not work with versions vcmi-nullkiller

Do you mean it can not start? Or it does not build? Or it is not possible to load a map generated in the editor?

Map editor works without problem with AI branches because it’s separate, independed software. Some mods can crash launching map editor.

If there is some nullkiller specific problem I can check. I made a few changes to VCMI_lib and I do not know how map editor uses it.

does not start freezes during loading,cannot connect to filesystem.json
2020-07-09_18-41-18

Game crashes at end of AI turn, when AI beats AI.
Attaching save. Used mods Pavillion (http://www.mediafire.com/file/l8sootb0px4tc99/Pavilion_2.6.5.rar/file)
Saves.zip (978.6 KB)

Map editor works well with Nullkiller branch for me. Be sure you set correct filepath in gamepath.txt

The crash is fixed temporarily.