[New Town Mod] Refugee

@riindlit I guess there’s a mod within your list that modify these neutral creatures and create the issue.

Here’s the mods I’m using too that I know are compatible:

Expansions : HoTA, WoG

Towns : Coutryard, Grove, Asylum, Cathedral, Fairy, Ruins, Haven, Forge (MDT & Heavenly 2000), Cetacea.

Other : Graphical, artifacts, objects/terrains & translation mods should be good. Neutral Heroes is ok.

The mods below should be fine :

Towns : Retreat, Abyss, Death Valley, Preserve, Pavilion, Tartarus, & Highlands towns.

Misc. : Tides of War, tok Extras, Creature Flugels, Campaign Heroes.

My guess would be that the issue come from overriding rogue’s “upgrade” data inside a .json file, which should be caused by either :

• Axoloth Creatures Pack : Because of creature “Thug”; or
  • Antagarich Burning - map assets : Because of creature “Cutthroats”.

Please try disabling one of this mod at a time, and tell me which one is incompatible with Refuge town.

When it comes to translations, I’m not working on these files at all.
I will need a screenshot of the errors or a log to understand the issue.

Or it could be because I changed a lot and lot of things,
but this should be good for later versions as this town is now in a “stable” phase.

I might have forgotten to re-enable some translations inside “mod.json” though.

since 1.1 it is one of the most interesting towns, alongside with courtyard.

1 Like

Thanks @faust.twi , I really appreciate !

I conducted a test and it should be Antagarich Burning.

1 Like

I made a Google Form for bugs reports as I’m not a Github user. Find it HERE.

Refugee Town - Update version 1.1.1

Download link: Google Drive

Changelog

• Few JSON fixes, and building costs balance.
  • Fixed Mahyar description mentionning old unit Sagiitarii.
  • Increased Daeva’s transmute ability from 1% to 5%.
  • Added mod “Antagarich Burning Map Assets” to conflicting mods.
  • WoG stack exp submod : changed Thaumaturge/Enchanter damage bonus per level.

This is a small patch from feedbacks I was able to gather.
By the way, I’d really appreciate if someone could update preview pictures from the launcher.

Hi,

I have worked on other town mods because the other mods needed more improvements. I have also rescored the town themes but I like the theme of Refugee. Here are some advices I can share:

• It seems that the Watchtower is rendered on the map with vanishing points (perspectives à 3 points de fuite) whereas it should be rendered in isometric. You can do that in Blender.
  • You can upscale a sprite with SUPIR to work on it more easily.
  • I should redraw the marketplace using inpainting AI when I will get time but there are so many things to improve else where…

Fabrice

1 Like

Good Route has no flying units, Is it possible to change T6 Enchanters to some flying creature?
Or give a siege ability to Dragolems to break down walls?

Hello Yuya!
There was recently added a new terrain to the New Terrains Mod, that would a great as a native terrain for Refuge. I mean Plateau. It’s actually very similar to the “rough”, so I it wouldn’t change of overall appearance of the town, but it could get it’s own, special terrain.

Hawk made recently a video about new terrains on the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_VwtN5Pt5U

I am interesred, what do you thnik about it.

1 Like

It’s better to ask terrains creators to make another town-connectors in newterrains-pack

Yes, but it’s kind to ask the town’s author for permission. :slight_smile:

These new terrains looks good. Yes, it would be a nice addition to add a “Refuge connector” so people that has both my town and “new terrains mod” would be able to connect these two mods.

I will let the author of “New terrains mods” make this connection if he’d like to.

@ftiercel I don’t think blender would work since I’m working on a full 2D-setup. Every lightning I did is done by hands on Photoshop. I will try to fix that in the next patch.
@leozx Thanks for your feedback. I will try to find a solution for the next patch.
@misiokles Thanks for the update with better compatibility system. It’s very helpful !

1 Like

I can write such connector but first I have to write biome file for this terrain. It will be for vcmi-1.6, oki?

1 Like

Sounds good for me, it can be whenever you want. Thank you