New resolutions

My bad. I corrected the archive in OP removing the 2 pcx & with the updated settings.txt

Correction to the Settings.txt file in 0.74c in the attachment (it was sending to the old .pcx files from 0.73, leading to crashes in some cases).
Correction to 0.73c settings.txt.7z (1.54 KB)

Uploaded it to repository.

My new laptop runs in 1336 x 768 so you have to support it :sunglasses:

Why not edit the settings and the templates? You just need like 20-30 minutes, MSPaint and some trial-error work… :slight_smile:

Then you can post the info here as well.

Here is the 1336x768 support.

Edit settings.txt within the config folder. Make sure you DO back-up first!
Replace (at the end of the document):

}

with

1336x768 //setting specific for this resolution
	{
		AdventureMap
		{
			InGameConsole: maxInputPerLine=60 maxOutputPerLine=40;
			AdvMap: x=7 y=7 width=1130 height=714 smoothMove=1 puzzleSepia=1;
			InfoBox: x=1141 y=557;
			gem0: x=6 y=676 graphic=agemLL.def;
			gem1: x=1092 y=676 graphic=agemLR.def;
			gem2: x=6 y=6 graphic=agemUL.def;
			gem3: x=1092 y=6 graphic=agemUR.def;
			background=A538x300.pcx;
			HeroList: size=10 x=1145 y=201 movePoints=IMOBIL.DEF manaPoints=IMANA.DEF arrowUp=IAM012.DEF arrowDown=IAM013.DEF;
			TownList: size=10 x=1283 y=201 arrowUp=IAM014.DEF arrowDown=IAM015.DEF;
			Minimap: width=144 height=144 x=1166 y=26;
			Statusbar: x=8 y=723 graphic=ADROLLVR2.pcx;
			ResDataBar: x=0 y=743 graphic=Z538x300.pcx offsetX=65 offsetY=2 resSpace=109 resDateSpace=447;
			ButtonKingdomOv: x=1215 y=197 graphic=IAM002L.DEF playerColoured=1;
			ButtonUnderground: x=1215 y=229 graphic=IAM010L.DEF playerColoured=1 additionalDefs=(IAM003L.DEF);
			ButtonQuestLog: x=1215 y=261 graphic=IAM004L.DEF playerColoured=1;
			ButtonSleepWake: x=1215 y=293 graphic=IAM005L.DEF playerColoured=1;
			ButtonMoveHero: x=1215 y=326 graphic=IAM006L.DEF playerColoured=1;
			ButtonSpellbook: x=1215 y=359 graphic=IAM007L.DEF playerColoured=1;
			ButtonAdvOptions: x=1215 y=392 graphic=IAM008L.DEF playerColoured=1;
			ButtonSysOptions: x=1215 y=425 graphic=IAM009L.DEF playerColoured=1;
			ButtonNextHero: x=1215 y=491 graphic=IAM000.DEF playerColoured=1;
			ButtonEndTurn: x=1215 y=524 graphic=IAM001.DEF playerColoured=1;
		};
	}
}

And copy the files from the attachement to the Data folder.

After you add this piece of code to the settings file, do not forget to set the resolution parameter to the corresponding value:

resolution=1336x768; // format: WxH

I used the hex interpretation of the resolution to generate a temporary naming convention.
538x300.zip (92.3 KB)

Thanks for this one, looks fine. Certainly it’ll motivate me to do some more coding on my new toy.

BTW, you don’t have to put down what I’ve already included in the manual :wink:

Hi,

What manual??

This one. :wink:

@Warmonger: is it 1336 or 1366? :stuck_out_tongue:

lol.

Ok, I can take it upon myself to set the propper GUI and settings, but PLEASE name the right resolutions. I am working on a 1680x1050 monitor so I will be able to emulate in window mode lesser resolutions. As long as they are correct. :slight_smile:

Ah, now I see what he meant. I was just making sure, however. :slight_smile:

The new resolution pack for the next dev. release is ready, now including also 1680x1050.

[size=75]Known issue: I cannot enable InGameConsole. I’m not sure if the issues are related to the content of the Settings.txt file (at least I don’t see why), but if anyone can figure out the cause of them, please let me know if any of the files in the attached archive needs an update.[/size]
ReslPackFor75b.7z (203 KB)

You mean the console that is already in 0.74 and 0.75 or the one written by ubuntux? The first one works for me.

The one written by ubuntux, which should be enabled by CTRL+1 I believe, to which the first line for all resolutions in the Settings.txt file refers to (I think):

InGameConsole: maxInputPerLine=60 maxOutputPerLine=40;

Actually that line originally refers to the console written by me. I don’t know if ubuntux uses these values. BTW, these values could be increased for higher resolutions - they are there to prevent large texts from overlapping right panel (the first one refers to statusbar input (when you press tab), the second one to those green texts).

Ah, ok. That clarifies it. It’s just that that line was added to the Settings.txt file around the time ubuntux created his Console, so I thought it was referring to that.

I have adjusted it for different resolutions and re-uploaded in my post above. If (any of) you want to have a look at the new lengths of the Console msg in different resolutions and give me your feedback (which could be longer/shorter), I can change it before the next release.

And a small issue with it: after we write the text, when we press enter, it is displayed twice - the text itself, then “Player 0 sends a message:…” followed by the same text. I’ve actually raised this in Mantis as #306 for follow-up.

It’s not a bug - it’s a feature :). Console print every message you type and every message from server - and when you type a message, server sends a message to all players that a message was sent (including you). I think it’s convenient when you type commands - then the server does not send the text of a command back. If we decide to fix it, we should do that together with a better mechanism of player - player communication (write to all (without the sender)), write to allies, write to foes, just ping back etc.).

If I understand well what is about:

Sending messages to a specific player (ally or enemy) is already implemented, just type the message and press F1-F8. Also getting back the message you wrote is convenient to follow the further dialog.

so current interface is limited to future number of players equals 12 :slight_smile:
it would be nice support more players. I want believing in that 12 is enough :wink:

Interesting, where did you find that? And why it doesn’t work for me?

10 years of playing multiplayer. First Tab, enter text, then F1 for red player, F2 for blue etc. Works on ROE, AB, SOD, Heroes complete and WoG. Of course, to test it you need to select a MP mode (hot seat TCP/IP etc), or you want to chat with computer player? :stuck_out_tongue: