But don’t get me wrong. I agree with the following:
- Mantis is most probably a better place to report features still missing
- You guys (the devs) should not worry anymore about this thread
- Whatever relevant requests in this thread not yet implemented, should be added in Mantis for your attention
The reasons I prefer to leave it open though are:
- for debates. Let’s say I have an idea (like implementing hotkeys for favorite spells on the previous page). I prefer to list it here first and get a bit of feedback on it before reporting it on Mantis. Maybe it’s a stupid idea, or maybe someone can point out something obvious that I missed. Like this I have a better chance of reporting on Mantis an improved version of my original idea, which may also make things easier and more clear for you as devs when you get to it.
- for new users who just discovered the forum and aren’t yet familiar with Mantis. They may not think it’s the place to report all that’s missing or enhancements and open new threads over here. I’m hoping this sticky may jump in their attention and they’ll go for it instead.
- for logging purposes. Related to the above, I prefer to have whatever reports/suggestions people might like to post on the forum in one place rather than scattered around (but that’s just me - maybe you actually prefer new threads for such things…)
- in general I don’t like closing threads, unless they become spam playgrounds
Now, I agree people need to be discouraged from using this place i/o Mantis, so maybe a good idea would be for me to update the original post about the purpose of the thread, pointing people to Mantis if they want to raise sth to your attention, and post here only if they want other people’s opinion on it first (or if for some reason they really don’t feel like using Mantis - I remember years ago writing lots of useful reports for the H5 beta on the forum, simply because I used to hate Ubi’s bug reporting tool).
For the rest, I was planning to log whatever’s still pending here into Mantis, but with over 200 bug reports still open over there, I thought it may not be the best time to overload it with all these feature requests right now.
Of course, that’s just my p.o.v. It may be wrong or biased, so if you really want the thread closed, I won’t get upset or anything. Maybe a tiny bit frustrated, but it’ll pass.