Can windows x64 package be provided?

I compile two binary in Linux MXE,and run both of them it Windows 10 x64. The x86 version seems run very slow in AI turn,almost keep 5 min+ when in week 2 ~ 3, take more time when day increase. But x64 version seems OK.

But both of my compile program contains a bug:some unit small icon contain light blue backgroup. some battle, like this:

May be my linux environment use the wrong image library to compile. I have no way to solve it. The daily x86 build is OK in this case. But x86 build AI is very slow too. Can daily build provide a windows x64 packge? After all the major windows system are x64. It will make bug less in x64 system.

1 Like

More mods you enable, more AI turn lasts :frowning:

I finally solve the blue background problem. The problem cause by MXE upgrade. MXE now upgrade SDL2 to 2.0.12 and SDL2_image to 2.0.5, while VCMI code coded in SDL 2.0.5-3 and 2.0.1-1.

The problem is in SDL_SetColorKey in a 8bit image with a palette. Both in .BMP file and .PNG file. I logged near SDL_SetColorKey, and ensured it was called properly. The reture code is 0, means it return successfully and SDL_GetColorKey return the right color key. But the transparent backgroup is still invalid.

I googled a lot, and finally find In newly SDL2 version. If palette color alpha is set, the SDL_SetColorKey is invalid. I still can not find where it set, but I make a trick to fix it in client/gui/SDL_Extensions.cpp 827 :

void CSDL_Ext::setDefaultColorKeyPresize(SDL_Surface * surface)

{

uint32_t key = mapColor(surface,Colors::DEFAULT_KEY_COLOR);

auto & color = surface->format->palette->colors[key];

// set color key only if exactly such color was found

if (color.r == Colors::DEFAULT_KEY_COLOR.r && color.g == Colors::DEFAULT_KEY_COLOR.g && color.b == Colors::DEFAULT_KEY_COLOR.b) {

SDL_SetColorKey(surface, SDL_TRUE, key);

+		surface->format->palette->colors[key].a = SDL_ALPHA_TRANSPARENT;

}

}

I recompile the VCMI and everything is OK, But I still do not know the essential reason. It remains to find out.

My build with newly version package is runs well. Recruit units from the fort Is no longer crash. And AI is never slow.

Downloadable?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19qB5_qzS9RUzVLk-WL75lI1IrzWNQmII/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thank you so much for your work, everything works well, I have about 60 mods

sometimes hangs

bug is still alive ToT

it can be fixed