Forum index VCMI Project - Heroes 3: WoG recreated
Forum of the project aiming to recreate best turn-based strategy ever!

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics
RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Previous topic :: Next topic
Moved by: Warmonger
2014-02-23, 18:28
VCMI for Android
Fay 
User defined rank

Posted: 2017-07-08, 21:59   

Sorry, I don't really have time for development recently. I try to read this topic periodically though.

Quote:
Slow fight - https://youtu.be/O867LD377Qs
Wow, that really looks strange. That definitely didn't happen for me. At the moment I'm not sure how it's possible, but I'll check when I'm able to.

Quote:
Large keyboard vs keyboard use in JuiceSSH - https://youtu.be/Tc0ET_YVZMk
Hmm, okay. I might need to check what I can actually do with SDLs keyboard handling.
I think that the ability to show/hide keyboard is a feature of your keyboard app (that shows up when suggestions are displayed(?)). I don't have anything like this in the default google keyboard.

Quote:
Sorry, I tried to merge some of the CMake projects locally, but failed. Still unsure why it's fail to build now because I added CAndroidVMHelper into the main CMakeLists.txt of our lib.
After a quick check -- I don't get why it has problems during linking, but after adding VCMI_ANDROID define in both lib.cmake and SDL_android_main.cpp, the project complied on my side. (probably some problems with the order of file including?)

Quote:
Hi there ! How can i play expansion WOG on VCMI for android ? I can't find WOG mod folder anywhere to put it on android.
Yeah, vcmi on android generally tries to follow the same folder structure as the desktop one -- mods can be copied from desktop version to <public storage directory>/vcmi-data/Mods/ and then enabled via mods menu in launcher.

Tooandorisu 

Posted: 2017-07-09, 06:31   

Fay wrote:
Yeah, vcmi on android generally tries to follow the same folder structure as the desktop one -- mods can be copied from desktop version to <public storage directory>/vcmi-data/Mods/ and then enabled via mods menu in launcher.

Nope. Not possible to enable mods via the launcher. I have like 5-6 mods in it. Doesn't show up in the launcher at all

Fay 
User defined rank

Posted: 2017-07-09, 09:05   

Well, in that case I need more info, because it definitely should work. Launcher checks for <storage>/vcmi-data/Mods/<mod-folder>/mod.json existence to determine if that's a valid mod. If you confirm that mods are placed correctly on your device, then I'd love to see the launcher logs (<storage>/vcmi-data/cache/VCMI_launcher.log) after opening mods screen.

Tooandorisu 

Posted: 2017-07-10, 19:08   

Here you go

Screenshot_20170710-200547.png
But mods are still there
9 Time(s) 62.88 KB

Screenshot_20170710-200416.png
No mods found
3 Time(s) 75.1 KB

VCMI_launcher.7z
The log
Download 8 Time(s) 1.28 KB

Fay 
User defined rank

Posted: 2017-07-10, 20:42   

Something is definitely wrong, because it should display vcmi essential files as an entry in mods list (even if you don't have any actual mods added). So, as I said, launcher logs would be appreciated, because I can't really say anything specific what goes wrong without details.

Tooandorisu 

Posted: 2017-07-11, 08:05   

Here is a zip for the cache

cache.zip
Download 5 Time(s) 359.71 KB

HarryPhoon

Posted: 2017-07-11, 11:48   

According to the vcmi_launcher.log the problem is caused by the New Old Commanders mod. Try to put it away and try again. I don't use that much mods but the same thing caused me Resourceful AI mod. You have to move away the "bad" mods and then the rest will show up. But I don't know why is it caused.

Dydzio 
VCMI developer

Posted: 2017-07-11, 12:14   

As error shows - it is caused by invalid JSON file that belongs to particular mod.

Fay 
User defined rank

Posted: 2017-07-11, 17:18   

Yeah, that mod's mod.json is not valid (extra comma near the end; removing the mod or the comma should help). I guess vcmi itself uses some less strict json parser and ignores these errors.
On the other hand, I probably shouldn't abort everything when single mod wasn't parsed correctly. :P

Dydzio 
VCMI developer

Posted: 2017-07-11, 18:56   

Yeah - VCMI JSON parser is not too strict. I think the best way would be to display mod that causes problem and mark it with some error icon or whatever. If you do not display faulty mod at all then people may think that they install it incorrectly etc.

misiokles 

Posted: 2017-07-11, 20:00   

So, the problem is with additional commas in json files? Ok, I can upload fixed version at mod wiki site. Now are two broken mods for android: New Old Commanders and Resourceful AI mod. I removed two commas from them - tell me, please, if everything is ok now.
New Old Commanders:
http://www102.zippyshare.com/v/7OklzkBA/file.html
Resourcefull AI mod:
http://www102.zippyshare.com/v/gB13xmuG/file.html

HarryPhoon

Posted: 2017-07-12, 00:02   

Both seem fine now. http://imgur.com/a/F9qFa. Thanks for the fix.

SkyRE 

Posted: 2017-07-13, 09:28   

Fay,
Is it possible to make some mouse right click? Long tap for example.

I have one save that crash in Android 6 after auto-battle and manual battle, but don't crash auto-battle and crash manual battle in Android 7 & PC (Ubuntu).
Android 6 - https://youtu.be/pV1LRh6ELhg
Android 7 - https://youtu.be/UBAIezJkn8A

Autosave_4.7z
Download 5 Time(s) 345.09 KB

octavion0223 
Master Scrub

Posted: 2017-07-13, 14:48   

Sorry for asking a question that has surely been asked before but I can't find the answer and I really want to play D:

I can launch the game and the menus function perfectly. But whenever I attempt to start a scenario, random map, or campaign map it crashes during the loading screen. I have a Galaxy S7, Wat do?

HarryPhoon

Posted: 2017-07-13, 18:29   

SkyRE,
there should be right click already. At least on my device it works in touch mode (or with swipe). You have to hold two fingers (the first one on the object and the second one elsewhere).

octavion0223,
Not really sure about that. I would try to copy in the game data once again, check that core mods are allowed and that should be it. I think it could be caused by the game data. Give it a try :)

Reply to topic