VCMI for Android

Latest build will write to app specific path allocated by Android. It is a bit longer
Android/data/is.xyz.vcmi/files/vcmi-data
Might depend on device. Exact correct value will be shown by launcher on startup.

Hi everyone! I am facing some minor issues installing it on my Android. I run a Samsung S10 on the latest Android OS. I am also using the latest VCMI launcher 1.00.

First, the VCMI package wouldn’t create the appropriate folder on my external storage. After copying files from computer game,and even creating the file, I wouldn’t be able to use the external storage.

Then I followed instructions to use internal storage, basically getting a zip from those necessary files, copying it into my internal storage, then looking for it with the launcher. It ended up creating the game.

Now the problem I am facing is that the resolution does not fit my screen. And no matter what resolution I choose in “Change game native resolution” option, it does not change anything visually. I did get the package VCMI-extras as recommended, but the game is still very tiny, and probable just ran best on 800x600. Wonder if that’s normal?

For Android I hardly can suggest anything except installing latest APK and you will have a folder where you can put files, mods, saves and so on. In order to load vcmi-extras into 1.0 build you will need to create empty Mods folder, put vcmi-extras there, zip all this and give this zip to Internal Storage loader without clearing your storage. Loader will unzip it and mod will go into internal Mods folder and will become available. You see this approach is quite awkward so in 1.1 we abandoned it and use app specific folder Android/data/is.xyz.vcmi/files/vcmi-data. Maybe I will fix Android build these weekends and it will be available in our daily builds. It is not backward compatible with 1.0 so

P.S. We plan to release 1.1 closer to the New Year and hope we will publish it to Play Store

How do I use right mouse button on android? For example if i want to see the stats and army of a hero in the tavern.

touch and hold with 2 fingers

Thought i tried everything. Thanks!

Also there is relative mode where you control cursor more precisely but it does not allow to tap in any place.