We are happy to announce next release, VCMI 0.96. This version brings many new features and improvements.
Old spells can be configured, new spells can be added in mods. Refer to Spell Format for details.
Launcher now supports submods and more detailed info. Refer to Modding changelog for all the details.
Random map generator was significantly advanced. It is not complete yet, though you may want to watch generated maps with vcmieagles cheat. Unfortunatelly, you can’t play them.
Last but not least, adventure map objects have undergone major rework. This allows to add and replace new graphics for adventure objects and opens up future modding possibilities.
All the features mentioned are advancing and will be improved in upcoming version. Our team has grew significantly, past month was the most active month in our repository ever. Thanks to all developers and testers who contributed to this build, especially the new ones :).
[size=125]Download links for VCMI 0.96[/size]:
If you’re having problems with application, please extract this archive to replace .dll libraries: dropbox.com/s/xbfzdmntfmcfug4/msvcp110.zip
Installation on Linux
(packages for other systems will be added soon)
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder. If you have older version of VCMI, delete it first.
VCMI works with SoD, WoG 3.58f and ERA installations. We recommend using English version, though VCMI should also work with other language versions. If you want to make your H3 installation English, extract this package into Data/ subfolder.
0.95 -> 0.96
- (linux) now VCMI follows XDG specifications. See [forum.vcmi.eu/t/xdg-support-note-to-linux-users/792/1)
- Optimized speed and removed various bottlenecks.
- Heroes auto-level primary and secondary skill levels according to experience
- Wall hit/miss sound will be played when using catapult during siege
- New configuration format: wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Spell_Format
RANDOM MAP GENERATOR
- Towns from mods can be used
- Reading connections, terrains, towns and mines from template
- Zone placement
- Zone borders and connections, fractalized paths inside zones
- Guard generation
- Treasue piles generation (so far only few removable objects)
- Support for submods - mod may have their own “submods” located in /Mods directory
- Mods may provide their own changelogs and screenshots that will be visible in Launcher
- Mods can now add new (offensive, buffs, debuffs) spells and change existing
- Mods can use custom mage guild background pictures and videos for taverns, setting of resources daily income for buildings
- Added configuring of heroes quantity per player allowed in game