we are proudly releasing VCMI 0.94. It features a brand new part of our project — a dedicated Launcher, capable of mod management. It is finally possible to download, enable and disable mods without manual file jugglery or resorting to editing configuration files. Additionally, the Launcher provides a capability to customize some options that were unavailable in the GUI.
There are also numerous improvements in the various parts of the engine. Mods can now package their contents into a ZIP archive. Battle AI has been improved and the quick combat has been implemented. The instructions on how to update mods for VCMI 0.94 and leverage the new possibilities are available on the wiki page.
And finally, we did our best to fix the numerous bugs that were found in 0.93 release, especially in battles and AI stability. The job is not done, yet we believe the progress is really noticeable. Almost 90 bugreports have been resolved, please check the bugtracker changelog.
Check items implementation status for the full information about which spells, artifacts and campaign features are supported.
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder. If you have older version of VCMI, delete it first.
VCMI works with SoD, WoG 3.58f and ERA installations. We recommend using English version, though VCMI should also work with other language versions. If you want to make your H3 installation English, extract this package into Data/ subfolder.
Save format has been changed, savegames from previous versions won’t work with 0.94.
VCMI supports 800x600, 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1080 and 1920x1080 screen resolutions. To switch default resolution in system settings window click “HIGH” button and select resolution (available only in game). As for now custom resolution is only applied when the map is started.
Many thanks for all testers and developers who contributed to this build.
For the general information about our project look here. Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it.
For bug reports, we have deployed separate bugtracker. Please report bugs using this form. Check this page for the list of known bugs and details.
We hope you’ll help us develop the project — details are available here. VCMI is an open source project licensed under GNU GPL 2.0 or higher. Our SVN repository with all the sources is available here.
You can look for help in building and developing VCMI sources in the development board.
0.93 -> 0.94 (Oct 01 2013)
- New Launcher application, see
- Filesystem now supports zip archives. They can be loaded similarly to other archives in filesystem.json. Mods can use Content.zip instead of Content/ directory.
- fixed “get txt” console command
- command “extract” to extract file by name
- command “def2bmp” to convert def into set of frames.
- fixed crash related to cammander’s SPELL_AFTER_ATTACK spell id not initialized properly (text id was resolved on copy of bonus)
- fixed duels, added no-GUI mode for automatic AI testing
- Sir Mullich is available at the start of the game
- Upgrade cost will never be negative.
- support for Chinese fonts (GBK 2-byte encoding)
- if Quick Combat option is turned on, battles will be resolved by AI
- first hero is awakened on new turn
- fixed 3000 gems reward in shipwreck
- autofight implemented
- most of the animations is time-based
- simplified postioning of units in battle, should fix remaining issues with unit positioning
- synchronized attack/defence animation
- spell animation speed uses game settings
- fixed disrupting ray duration
- added logging domain for battle animations
- Fixed crashes on Land Mines / Fire Wall casting.
- UI will be correctly greyed-out during opponent turn
- fixed remaining issues with blit order
- Catapult attacks should be identical to H3. Catapult may miss and attack another part of wall instead (this is how it works in H3)
- Fixed Remove Obstacle.
*defeating hero will yield 500 XP
- Added lots of missing spell immunities from Strategija
- Added stone gaze immunity for Troglodytes (did you know about it?)
- damage done by turrets is properly increased by built buildings
- Wyverns will cast Poison instead of Stone Gaze.
- Fixed issue that allowed to build multiple boats in town.
- fix for lookout tower
Full changelog is available here.