How to open .def sprites?

redrawn quest log

redrew stack window:

anybody knows what are these fields for? not sure what icon to put there.

1 Like

@misiokles may i get access to vcmi-extras? i would like to fix quick-exchange screen.

hm. looks like this task is beyond my skills. if there is no background as a separated file or layer (and it looks so) we need some photoshop with neural network to restore it. i can only fix mod’s exchange screen.

I don’t have access to vcmi-extras either :frowning: But you can make some pull requests.

I’ve got some AI software I may use. What do you need exactly ?

1 Like

to restore background as much as possible. the top part is most important. separating line should be removed as well.

mod’s version atm (without .def overriding).

i tried to change json config but all changes did nothing. found geometry description in vcmi/client/windows/GUIClasses.cpp and don’t know how to override it using json + png instead of .def.

p.s. hero titles and capes are supposed to change their colors according to player’s one. but it’s broken.

As far as remember, you have to put also empty .def info Sprites folder of your mod with filename you want to override.

i will do all i can without working with def files and after that i will try to understand how it works and start fixing original interface first.

1 Like

original buttons didn’t match its sockets so i had to resize background and override config. hope it went out acceptable.

i would like to hover few pixels of background but it hovers panel instead so it didn’t work.

how to get some statistics about mod usage? i wonder how many vcmi users enable wog and vcmi-extras.

As a modmaker I enable/disable mods few times a day :slight_smile:

1 Like

then it’s valuable information for you as well.

We don’t track any statistics at the moment. Neither installs/downloads nor which mods are enabled.

@misiokles may i ask you to repack the mod? i set its version to 1.2

You have full access to this mod repo. So you can do anything with this mod.

@faust.twi - can you make your mod working together with AI loading screen mod? I prefer this than h-res-menu.

hm. for some reason it crashes vcmi when i enable 1920x1080 submod. does it work for you?

/usr/include/c++/13.2.1/bits/uniform_int_dist.h:108: std::uniform_int_distribution<_IntType>::param_type::param_type(_IntType, _IntType) [with _IntType = long int]: Assertion ‘_M_a <= _M_b’ failed.

probably compilation errors again. though high res menu works fine.