Help with mods - questions

It worked in prev. When I get a time, I will look into this spell.

@Macron1 it might be worked, but have been explicitly disabled.

In HotA mod hero Eovacius has specialty in Clone. Original specialty bonus is Each battle the first cast of Clone spell summons 2 clones of target unit.
In VCMI he has
"bonuses" : [ { "subtype" : "spell.clone", "type" : "SPECIAL_BLESS_DAMAGE", "val" : 5 } ]
What exactly means 5% per level to clone spell?

Nothing.

Hi,
i’m currently working on Freds Object Pack. The editor is a perfect testing tool to see if i’m doing it all ok :slight_smile:

Now i have a question: Is it possible to attach a sound to any object? Currently i’m thinking of the waterfall object in Freds objects, and of the Nymph dwelling in the Cove mod. I’d like to add water sounds to them.

You can attach ambient, visit and removal sounds to object. Wiki is outdated, you should check schemas too (config\schemas\objectType.json in this case).

Hi,

thanks. Ambient will be what i’m looking for. I’ll test that.

Hmmm, there are obviously some problems with that. I changed the Mods/hota/Mods/Cove/Content/config/hota/dwellings.json:
{
“core:creatureGeneratorCommon” : {
“types” : {
“waterfall” : {
“name” : “Waterfall”,
“creatures” : [[ “nymph” ]],
“sounds” : {
“ambient”: [ “sounds/water01” ]
},
“templates” : {
“default” : {
“animation” : “hota/map/waterfall”,
“mask” : [ “VVV”, “VVV”, “VBA” ]
}
}
},

I added the “sounds” part. And put an appropriate mp3 and wav (don’t know which is needed) into Mods/hota/Mods/Cove/Content/sounds. But no sound. So i did something wrong. Any idea what?

Remove sounds prefix here.

Did not help :slight_smile:
I also tried with one of Freds objects:

{
"mountain" : {
	"name" : "Mountain",
	"index" : 185,
	"handler" : "static",
	"types" : {
		"Mountain" : {
			"templates" : {

"fswd0028" : { "animation" : "fswd0028.def", 
					"mask" : [
						"VBBB",
						"BBBB",
						"BBBB",
						"BBBV"
					],
					"tags" : "swamp" 
				},
				"sounds" : {
					"ambient" : [ "waterfall" ]
				}
			}
		}
	}

},

That in Mods/FOP/Content/Config/Mountain.json, and the sound file in Mods/FOP/Content/sounds. Same, no sound in game. Or do i have to remove the object and put a new one?

BTW, just to help your imagination:

I’m trying to add a sound to this waterfall (and to the Nymph dwelling).

This is just completely wrong. “sounds” is part of type but not template

should be smth like:

"types" : {
"Mountain" : {
"sounds" : { "ambient" : [ "waterfall" ] },
"templates" : {...}
}
}

Ah, so there would be only 1 sound for all mountains? Not, what i want. Then i have to create a new type :slight_smile:

The file is now:
{
“waterfall” : {
“name” : “Waterfall”,
“handler” : “static”,
“types” : {
“Waterfall” : {
“sounds” : {
“ambient” : [ “waterfall” ]
},
“templates” : {
“fswd0028” : { “animation” : “fswd0028.def”,
“mask” : [
“VBBB”,
“BBBB”,
“BBBB”,
“BBBV”
],
“tags” : “swamp”
},
}
}
}
}
}

Still no sound.

Some time ago I also wanted to port fred object into vcmi (basd on Macron1 mod). If you interested I can send you my ‘drafts’.

Then it could be bug in Map Editor or in VCMI itself. Are there any red messages about waterfall object?

That would be nice. At least i could learn much from it :slight_smile:

Sorry about the late reply. For vcmi i have only time a few hours at saturday afternoon. So no need to hurry :slight_smile:

No messages. At least not on the screen. I have to check the logs. Saturday.

My current theory is, that the file format is wrong. I have wav file. But i remember that H3 needed some special sound file format. Maybe that is the problem.

Convert wav from stereo to mono. It should help.

Here you are: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bcocv2lmtsvn1ib/Fred%27sObjectsPack_v1.0.zip/file
Now mod is very bugged because I wrote it for previous vcmi version.
You can also check my hota decorations mod:
https://www100.zippyshare.com/v/GCH5KW6H/file.html

Thanks. Downloaded (i still have about 30m left before i have to leave).

And i’ll try converting it to mono on saturday.

Now what does the HotA decorations mod contains? HotA objects? Then no. I even will skip those elements from the Freds Objects mod. If you want HotA, you should install and activate HotA. And if i find other objects from other vcmi mods, i’ll skip them, too. And i’ll skip 2 other objects, because i want to add them to 2 different towns. One of them f.ex. might be a good dwelling for “Plane of the Earth”.

Next i have a question. I’m not sure when i will have the time to port these objects, but i need them for my extra big map, featuring many of Freds Objects and many of the additional towns.

As far as i remember, you could make a hero walk over water, if you put “logs” on the path. If so, what is the trick? There are some objects in the pack, which i would configure to have the same effect, but look different. I experimented with a map, making the path walkable by replacing the water with other terrain, and putting the 2x2 water object over that terrain. It worked, but it did not look good. And the ships landed 1 tile too far away on one side. So if it would be possible to make these objects function like those logs, it would be much better.
In the current object pack they are simply decorative objects. Not usable, only for decoration.

Yes, second mod contains some HotA port. I don’t give you objects for your map. Just give you some configured jsons to learn/compare method of vcmi object template solutions :slight_smile: