Forum issues

I’ve attached the icons for Iron & Safari to this post (couple of both to choose from).

Regarding Iron, it could have been included as well at Chrome, as it’s based on Chromium. I find it strange it was seen as Mozilla (which uses Gecko), i/o Chrome, or at least Konqueror, which are based on khtml. Perhaps the site doesn’t actually check the engine of a new browser in an attempt to place it, but just labels any unknown browser as Mozilla. :question:

Maybe you can also check (if you have time), why the Vista & Chrome icons are not visible in the SubSilver layout (forum only, as we can see them in the Statistics page).

The Windows 7 icon also does not appear in the SubSilver layout (just the Firefox icon).

Best regards,
Steven.

Yes, it’s actually the same with the one I mentioned as Vista above :wink:

I actually don’t know why I used Vista i/o Win7, as probably most forum users with that icon have Win7, not Vista (or that will be the case soon anyway). Vista was maybe the biggest flop in the history of Microsoft and there’s a good chance it will be forgotten even faster than WinMe was. :wink:

EDIT: Strange, now the Win7 & Chrome icons are not visible anymore in the Statistics page also for the Chronicles layout… :question:

Having received several complaints, I’ve finally changed colors of quote and code boxes. I hope they’ll be more readable and better composing with the rest of board theme.

Subsilver icons has been hopefully fixed.
However I hereby declare that SubSilver is deprecated. It takes time to make each update twice. SubSilver never was popular here and having two different themes may be troublesome for users too (eg. when using special colors in the post - text may be readable in one theme but illegible in the second one).

I use SubSilver very rarely. I guess only when my eyes need a change from the regular dark background. So now it’s good to see the buttons are fixed (and also the icons). The issue with the text color is indeed a risk, but only if users go for a color edit. The only real (small) problem I noticed in regards to colors, is that strikethrough line is coded to be white, which makes it not visible in SubSilver. I’m not sure if making it have the same color as the text for that theme (i.e.: black for SubSilver) is an easy change.

On a separate note, I noticed the new browser icons in the Statistics page are png i/o gif. So I am posting here the png icon versions for Safari & SRWare Iron:

Yay… The SRWare Iron icon is added. Probably also the Safari one. Thanks. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Correction. The Safari icon isn’t working yet. See this post created using Safari.

Something else that I noticed in the Statistics page, is that since the move to the new server, we had no new instances of IE users, which is a good thing (ppl finally moving on to better browsers:)). Anyway, now that we talk about IE, I’m not sure if a png icon for IE8 has been set, so here is one if you need (to be of course used for all IE versions, not just 8):

And here’s a png for Konqueror:

Let me know if you need any other. I don’t know if we have forumers using other browsers. If the case, they could either let me know which browser, or simply provide themselves a link to a 18x18 png. :wink:

I’ve been lurking this place for a while, but didn’t log in. I wanted to download 08 but I had to login for it (I don’t think I needed for the version I downloaded last year). Anyway, I also noticed some mistakes in the message I got when I logged it. Almost didn’t get what it wanted to say (and last part is like from an online translator):

I know not many visit this place as rare as me, but I found it funny… Anyway, I’m going to try VCMI 08 now. Changes look promising. Good luck with the project! :slight_smile:

In the hope I don’t become annoying with my reports of insignificant forum issues :stuck_out_tongue: I’d just like to point out that since the last update of forum icons, all posts using Iron (like this one) or Chrome (here) are now reported as Safari.

Safari detection worked too good :stuck_out_tongue: Please try it now.

Yep. It works again. Thx. :slight_smile:

on chronicles theme all comboboxes are yellow over white
at least at me :stuck_out_tongue: - with subsilver the problem does not exist

It’s a problem for Chromium-based browsers only (I’ve reported the bug to them), so probably not much can be done about it from Tow’s side.

It seems there is a general problem with adding attachments to the forum. Some (or all?) users are getting this error, myself included:

“Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions.”

Is this a “bug” or have attachments been disabled, in order to make people make reports only on Mantis? If the latter, than the message should be changed (if possible), because currently it’s confusing for the users.

I hope I’ve resolved it, please try it now.

Not really an issue, but I just noticed the forum has a 1280x1024 size limit for the uploads to the Photo Album. The disadvantage is that we won’t be able to post Full HD pictures. I’ve posted this in shrank format, but it’s pretty unclear due to the compression.

If this can change with no cost it would be nice. But if there’s any risk allowing larger pics might take too much server space, than better leave current limitations.

Done. The maximum size is currently 1920x1080 and limit for file size of file is doubled (it’s 512kB now).

Thanks. Not sure if I can replace the already uploaded pic now. But I guess I can leave this one, and perhaps look for a nicer map, which would look really beautiful in a Full HD screenshot, and post it at a later date (maybe together with 0.85 release).

I noticed we have a Symbian OS in the Statistics page. I’m uploading here a few .png icons for it to choose from (I was surprised to not find many out there, and the few found had different graphics).

Chromium png for the Statistics page (2nd from bottom atm):

Uploaded, thanks.
By the way I also added the icon for Windows 8.