Error building launcher

Hey,

I am on vs2012, got QT installed changed the hardcoded path? from (VCMI_global_user) to point to my qt install.

I get error cmd.exe exited with code 3 errors. Is there something more I need to do?

1>------ Build started: Project: VCMI_launcher, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  Moc'ing mainwindow_moc file...
1>  The system cannot find the path specified.
1>  Moc'ing cdownloadmanager_moc file...
1>  Moc'ing cmodlistmodel_moc file...
1>  Moc'ing cmodlistview_moc file...
1>  Moc'ing csettingsview_moc file...
1>  Uic'ing .\mainwindow_moc.ui...
1>  Uic'ing .\modManager\cmodlistview_moc.ui...
1>  Uic'ing .\settingsView\csettingsview_moc.ui...
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(172,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 3.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
  1. Are you able to compile a given single file from launcher proejct (eg. its main.cpp)? Please try r-clicking on the file in solution explorerer and selecting “Compile” comamnd.

2. Are there by any chance non-ascii characters in the path to the launcher sources? Qt tools fail miserable with them.

1. No installer warned against that.

1 silly mistake by me. I was missing a _64 in the path. But being unfamiliar with the cmd.exe error thing I thought it is something more severe and have not checked that simple thing. That fixed, I still cannot compile.

I cannot find anywhere ui_csettingsview_moc.h for one.
In mod manager subfolder: #include “StdInc.h” shouldnt they be #include "…/StdInc.h"
In VCMI_launcher.vcproj includes start with .\GeneratedFiles;$(QTDIR)\include\QtGui;. Why the ./GeneratedFiles?

When building launcher for the first time you need to run compilation twice. During the first run, alle the ui_* files will be generated. [However, as they did not exist when the build started, they won’t be compiled and project won’t link.] The second run should compile fine.
If it does not, please paste the error.

No. Visual Studio absolutely requires the precompield header file to be exactly “StdInc.h” (or what is its name). Relative paths would break the compilation.
If you are annoyed by the red squiggles, add the project directory to the includes directories. Doing this in property sheet with $(ProjectDir) macro sohuld fix the issue for all the projects.

No serious reason that I know of. Problably just to be able to include them directly.
(Or is the GeneratedFiles folder name/path platform specific? Then it would be actually needed.)

Again the solution was Clean Solution -> Rebuild all. One day I will remember that! Thy for explaining the fuzzy parts though.

Hello,

I’m having similar problems when I compile VCMI project, but it happens with both launcher and editor projects. Any help woild be appriciated. Here are the logs:

Editor

Build started 13.10.2013 17:39:31.
     1>Project "H:\VCMI-dev\trunk\editor\Editor.vcxproj" on node 5 (Build target(s)).
     1>CustomBuild:
         Moc'ing ConfigWindows.h...
         The system cannot find the path specified.
         Moc'ing Editor.h...
         Uic'ing editor.ui...
         Rcc'ing editor.qrc...
     1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(172,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 3.
     1>Done Building Project "H:\VCMI-dev\trunk\editor\Editor.vcxproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Time Elapsed 00:00:03.54

launcher

Build started 13.10.2013 17:39:47.
     1>Project "H:\VCMI-dev\trunk\launcher\VCMI_launcher.vcxproj" on node 5 (Build target(s)).
     1>CustomBuild:
         Moc'ing some file...
         Moc'ing some file...
         Moc'ing some file...
         Moc'ing some file...
         Moc'ing some file...
         Uic'ing .\mainwindow_moc.ui...
         Uic'ing .\modManager\cmodlistview_moc.ui...
         Uic'ing .\settingsView\csettingsview_moc.ui...
     1>Done Building Project "H:\VCMI-dev\trunk\launcher\VCMI_launcher.vcxproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.80

Try this one:

Or better check this thread if you didn’t.

Particularly this post. This is for Launcher only.

Editor is just a useless stub and I haven’t made the proper project files for it. It might work, it might not, I have not checked.

First of all, thank you both for answers, they were helpfil. I found the thread about the launcher earlier and followed the instructions, but it seems that I messed up something else in the process, and the error remained (I forgot how painful windows and visual studio can be…) I fixed that with clean repository downloaded. As for editor, I wasn’t able to build it, so just ended up building solution without it. Thank you again :slight_smile: