This is quite large list of issues that I collected on our forums. Would be great if somebody who has free time will recheck if they’re still valid and move them to Mantis. - forum is not a best place for these but certainly better than keeping them on my PC.
1st part, remaining issues from “Missing functionality” thread
16 - Printing damage calculation in battle to console (e.g. dealt damage, received damage approximate, number of killed by attack/counterattack)
20 - (NEW) Not sure if it’s worth the effort, but it might be interesting if VCMI could offer support for non-QWERTY keyboards.
22 Gradual implementation of all H3 shortcuts. Read manual.
30 (NEW) Spell damage information in the Battle log - before casting. This can be implemented in two ways:
a) Either straight forward (but maybe rather boring) values: "Cast Lightning Bolt on Air Elementals for xx damage"
b) Or mentioning only when necessary the buffs & debuffs: “Cast Lightning Bolt on Air Elementals for yy% extra damage” (due to creature’s vulnerability to that particular spell)
46 When we recruit creatures from a map location, the message saying: “The (creatures) would join your hero, but there aren’t enough provisions to support them” - is not implemented yet. [IMPLEMENTED]
51 - CTRL hotkey to use melee attack for ranged creatures in battle.
[size=75]WoG also added r-click on Defend button to open a menu where we can choose between melee, ranged and cast attacks (like H4). Personally I never used that, but I just thought of mentioning it in case you think it’s interesting to implement that as well.[/size]
#62 Information during buying creatures that garrison is full.
[size=75]There is only info in console: “System message: Server encountered a problem: Cannot recruit: no available slot!” but should appear screen with massage: “There is no room in the garrison for this army”. [/size]
76. When we go with the mouse cursor to the edge of the client interface, the map scrolls, but also the mouse pointer should change from the default arrow, to an arrow pointing in the direction of the scroll.
E.g.: default arrow http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI%202009/2009-09-05_DefaultArrow.jpg vs scroll left http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI%202009/2009-09-05_ScrollArrow.jpg vs diagonal scroll http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI%202009/2009-09-05_DiagonalScroll.jpg
82. Possibility to change Music & Effects volume during battles.
CONSOLE “WHISPERS”, aka private messages to one of the other players, through the use of the F1-F8 keys.
NOTE: perhaps use different hotkey and keep F1-F8 for system functions?
(TODO - recheck all these cases) This is my first request new features that I would like to see in VCMI. In the original heroes 3 no support for mouse scroll, I think that to introduce it would be a good idea.
Scrolling the mouse would appear in the following locations:
- The book of spells.
- List of characters in the adventure map.
- List of towns in the adventure map.
- List of towns in the use of spell “town portal”
- In the Settings window (volume of music and volume effects).
- The backpack hero (when a lot of artifacts rather tedious to switch them.)
- In a battle (information below).
- In a review of the kingdom.
- In the battle for the monster, if applied more than 3 spells.
- When inactive “tactics” - select next /previous monster.
- When hiring monsters, as well as the use of the market, and in other places that I missed.
2nd Part, reported in Russian thread
All of these were reported with 0.93 but I haven’t tested any of them myself.
- Hero can’t enter the boat (may be related to end of movement)
- Seer hut, territory reveal animation is glitched
- Tome of Air Magic gives Titan Thunder
ALL REPORTS BELOW THIS ARE REPORTED ON MANTIS OR FIXED
[fixed] Observation tower in Tower is broken
**[fixed]**Defeating a hero does not gives 500 experience
[reported] After retreating from battle hero in tavern will have full move points and mana
[reported] If player will visit creature bank but decided not to attack he must be able to see approximate number of guards in it (Exception: Crypt)
[reported] During siege damage done by towers is too small (Note: number of built buildings in town should affect this damage)
[reported] Upgraded stack in neutral army: his presence should be fixed. Right now retreating from battle and attacking it again may result in dissapearence/reappearence of this stack
[reported][fixed] Can’t start game with Sir Mullich
**[reported]**Black market: it is possible to sell more resources than needed (No need for sliders here at all)
**[reported]**Creature specialists should give +1 to speed to creatures
**[reported]**If hero has Expert Earth then casting Antimagic has no (visible) effect
**[reported]**After defeating AI player R-clicking mines previously owned by him still says that they’re owned (although map colors are correctly reset to neutral)
**[reported]**Missing creature ability: Thieves should give permanent Visions effect
**[reported]**Demons raised by Pit Lord are lost after end of battle - dead Imps were restored in their place.
**[reported]**Upgraded Zombies in Crypt: There should be no upgraded stacks in Crypt at all
**[reported]**Issues with creature abilities duration. At least Unicorn’s Blind and Dendroid’s Roots are broken. (My guess is that when creature uses ability on creature already affected by it duration is not updated properly. May be related to Basilisk bug)
- [reported] If hero have Book of Air without Spellbook you can’t see available spells
- [reported] Armor of the Damned casts spells before 1st round. Instead spells should be casted when artifact owner gets turn.
- [reported] [fixed] If hero has Orb of Inhibition then clicking spellbook during battle causes crash
- [reported] If hero has Angelic Alliance and speed of owned creature is higher than enemy -> crash.
- [reported] Angelic Alliance + Orb of Inhibition = crash
- [reported] [fixed] Casting 2+ level spell while having Recanter’s Cloak equipped causes crash
- [reported] Orb of Vulnerability does not removes magic immunity from Black Dragons and Magic Elementals
- **[fixed]**Cloak of Undead King should rise Skeletons if hero has no Necromancy skill
- [reported] Fire elementals and Phoenixes don’t have full fire immunity
- [reported] Gorgon’s Death Gaze looks to be non-functioning
- [reported] Haste and Prayer increase speed 1 less tile than needed (Note: look on movement range, not on creature speed value)
- Destroy Undead spends mana even if no undead are present. Should issues a warning that no one to effect instead of spellcasting
- Hypnosis visual effect is triggered, but does not work. Or creature resist if spellpower is not high enough.
- Dimension door, if hero has no skill in Air Magic for second cast it still will spend mana
Dispel tries to cast a spell, even if it will affect no-one. (Does not warns)
- Berserk too, seems to have no effect, as stack of dwarves attacks angels with same damage (85)
- Fire Shield should be rechecked - inflicts only 1 point of damage from the angel to the gnomes. 2 damage for Pixies. Something is strange here.
- Unicorns have blinded golems!
- Armageddon has worked on Ogen Elementals! )) They were summoned, but still)
- Summon Elemental - you can summon multiple types in one battle
- Berserker is broken
Need more detail:
- **[reported]**Teleport neither
- **[not a bug]**Dwarves can resist weakness of upgraded dragonfly (shouldn’t they?)
- **[reported]**After death of a clone game hangs. In the status bar game writes 64G and something flashes
- **[reported]**Resurrection is broken
- Firewall is broken
- Remove obstacle is not functioning
- Crash on casting Land Mine