Alternate Mod Towns

I’ve made alterations to the five VCMI town mods I use besides the cove, for which I only replaced the portraits in my alternative portraits mod.

Each town is a sub-mod and may be enabled independently of one another. Some are changed much more than others, but all include new portraits and hero bios and some text changes for English speakers.

There are too many small changes, too numerous to go into a lot of detail or display here. I can upload a few pictures to showcase some of the new portraits.

Mountainhall (Highlands)

End of row 2, changed Astride (Astra) to Troyan because Astra is in the Cove faction which I use.

HPL000DW_EditHPL000PY_EditHPL001DW_EditHPL001PY_Edit

HPL002DW_EditHPL002PY_EditHPL003DW_EditHPL003PY_Edit

HPL004DW_EditHPL004PY_EditHPL005DW_EditHPL005PY_Edit

HPL006DW_EditHPL006PY_EditHPL007DW_EditHPL007PY_Edit

Alternative creatures for Tier 5 Upg, Tier 7, Tier 7 Upg: Bronzeclad, Blue Dragon, White Dragon
IconL_Tier5U IconL_Tier7 IconL_Tier7U

Pavilion

PVN_ALPVN_BLPVN_CLPVN_DL

PVN_ELPVN_FLPVN_GLPVN_HL

PVN_ILPVN_JLPVN_KLPVN_LL

PVN_MLPVN_NLPVN_OLPVN_PL

PVN_QLPVN_RL

Haven

HVN_ALHVN_BLHVN_CLHVN_DL
HVN_ELHVN_FLHVN_GLHVN_HL
HVN_ILHVN_JLHVN_KLHVN_LL
HVN_MLHVN_NLHVN_OLHVN_PL

Manor (Courtyard)

MNR_ALMNR_BLMNR_CLMNR_DL
MNR_ELMNR_FLMNR_GLMNR_HL
MNR_ILMNR_JLMNR_KLMNR_LL
MNR_MLMNR_NLMNR_OLMNR_PL

Basilica (Cathedral)

ALBLCLDL
ELFLGLHL
ILJLKLLL
MLNLOLPL

If any of the original mod authors would like to any part of this mid and integrate into the original, I would like that. A small credit would be nice though.

1 Like

They look awesome 8)

…but, not too high quality for H3? These look manually painted as far as I see.

1 Like

All AI-generated with some touchups by myself. None of them are above the pixel limits, but because I saw some larger AI images included with the Courtyard faction, likely created from an older stable diffusion model, I included some high resolution images for the Courtyard in the folder that do not appear in-game.

I put some time in to write the new hero bios and had ChatGPT spruce them up a bit.

The hardest thing to do was manually recolor the animation def files for the Blue Dragon and Bronzeclad dwarf units.

Cool. I am an AI user as well, now I try to make some improvement by AI. Your work seems good.
This is new screen for Highland/Bastille Town.

By the way, New Cathedral, Haven and Highlands can download from repository now!

3 Likes

Cool, and can you make matching adventure map town objects?

As opposed to what I made, the image you got turned out a tad blurry and some structures are less distinguishable. However, your AI screen doesn’t look as hodgepodge as mine because mine is Frankensteined together.

What AI website did you use? And did how did you add structures?

Actually AI cannot finish a map object to fit with original game style.
I use Midjourney and Stable Diffusion to remake all my works.

I think I might be able to make something.

test

I tried making something for it. I’ll see if I can add a wall and then do the town hall and capitol etc.

Cool it’s pretty good. Maybe I can make it better.

This looks awesome. Would this AI work on the OG towns too, or would this be close to impossible, cause I’d diwnloas that

I don’t know, but I doubt it’s possible with Openart because it’s not good at generating images that fit any kind of specific design requirements. You’d have to modify them. However, there is another paid feature you can use to train the AI to make the images you want. I’ve seen examples of that in action, and it shows promise, but I’m not sure if it’s ready for creating detailed consistent game art.

In fact, this town I created doesn’t look enough like Ben Yan’s AI-generated image, so instead, I’m making one from scratch in GIMP to try and closely match the appearance of the one on his town screen.

Also, everyone note my Alternate Towns mod needs to be updated for some changes with the 1.3 update.