A real in-game console(s)

btw there are 3 consoles counting chat 1 hidden from players in game console probably for erm though i dunno if it is. it jumped out few times only with newest patch script for wog i wonder what was that heh o;
2nd from wog cheat console pretty cool thing ;o
just wondering if it will be merged somehow (well 1st console is hidden so it shouldn’t matter :P)

Can we consider it as “official” 0.74b dev.release and test/report based on it, or do you prefer that we continue testing on 0.74?

EDIT: After running into some major issues (AI doesn’t move creature in battle + crashes whenever we try to cast a spell), I think I’m gonna answer the question myself: better stick with 0.74 until Tow checks the patches, and perhaps even announce the dev.release more formally on the forum [be that an improved 0.74b or simply 0.74c]. :wink:

Use 0.74 if possible, especially for crashbugs. This 0.74b was a quick build to allow testing the console, I haven’t stored debug symbols for this build, so dumps from it would be worthless. However it can be used to check if issues said to be fixed are really fixed. If you notice by the way any new regressions, please also report them.

I’m still going to make “real” dev release, with more fixes and changelog but I’m now unable to say when it’ll be ready. (Time, time, time… and there are still a lot of things I want to do).

In CMT.cpp still remains include for DT_drawtext.h. In should be removed then.
I’ve also a found a little typo - bool DT_Font::loadFont returns -1 on error (should return false).
Btw what about using TTF/original H3 fonts instead of that DT_fonts? Do we need special font type for console?

I would definitely keep the old system console available for input. It has proven for me to be useful in debugging. It still remains available (sometimes even for input!) when the main or GUI threads are blocked or crashed. It’s way more useful feature for debugging then alpha blending or command completion. (Though for in-game debugging that would be also useful)
I’d keep both consoles, and rather would integrate the new one with internal game chat if I had to remove one.