Has there been any movement to releasing a map editor version for VCMI 0.99 yet?
If so I have a few suggestions for improvements from the 0.98 version.
1) I don't believe there needs to be a focus on importing objects from town mods. My reasoning is that the random town and random dwelling features accomplish this just fine, and I suspect the reason the map editor didn't function when town mods were added is because it was trying to import buildings to itself. The trick is to make the map able to chose allowed mods for the scenario, and to make the random town able to designate which mod it works with specifically. (note: if it's easier to make a map editor that imports the mods parts, then ignore this)
2) I would like to see some intense work with the towns themselves so that they feature the buildings and the feature to chose what buildings are built. (Reference HOMM3 Map editor from original game.)
3) The ability to set which factions are allowed to a player (including individual mods, not just neutral) and to only allow those heroes in the taverns.
4) MOST IMPORTANT: on the minimap make the swamp a lighter color. I have a map where I feature a underground swampland, and in the 0.98 version you cant see the area where swamp is compared to underground rock area.
5) take out some of the town icons for placement on map.....the town changes in the game as you build.....so having one of each town in the map editor to place on the map should be fine.
As always I am more than willing to volunteer to playtest.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum