VCMI 0.73 - Bug reports

This part acts exactly like in HoMM3.

#21 - If you try to split stack (with split button):
Select any unit, click on button “split” click on your unit again.
VCMI crashed. Logs attached.
Splitting.7z (130 KB)

Probably, that’s why I’ve added info “feature” but if it is normal so shouldn’t appear “system message”

#22 Crash during saving game. Can not save the game so end turn is also not possible. (attached logs and autosave)
EDIT: After this incident I have problems with other saves also. Only save from day:1 is ok.
img10.imageshack.us/img10/7342/crashattheendofturn.th.jpg

img518.imageshack.us/img518/9316/crashprzyprobiezapisu.th.jpg

#23 You can buy the same heroes in tavern.
img36.imageshack.us/img36/9486/bugsameheroesintavern.th.jpg

#24 Cannot hide hero to garrison if the same kind of creatures are splitted.You have to join it for one stack before.
“System message: Server encountered a problem: Cannot make garrison swap, not enough free slots!”
img33.imageshack.us/img33/6792/bughiddingherotogarriso.th.jpg

#25 Bug Lizard Den dwelling accumulates creatures. I don’t now yet what about other working dwellings and its guards.
EDIT: Griffin Tower/Archer’s Tower/Guardhouse also accumulate creatures. So probably all others, too.
img442.imageshack.us/img442/5538/buglizardden.th.jpg

#26 In resolution 800x600, if you end turn with scrolled down the heroes list at the beginning of next turn the list is still scrolled down even though first hero is selected.
img12.imageshack.us/img12/6408/bugheroeslist.th.jpg

#27 Spells act on creatures immune to spells ie. Black Dragons.

Refer to bug ver.072d#10 - the title of the shipyard is “Thieves guild window”. Should be “Build A New Ship”

BTW: Some problems with “vcmi handler”: should appear in the front of the game not in background, and if you close the handler there is problem because the game doesn’t close and X is not working also, you need to kill process in the cmd console.
EDIT: In first moment after handler apppear game looks ok but you can’t do anything. So you can just exit the game by system options but appears message:
“Connection has been requested to be closed.
Disaster happened.
Reason: 0xe06d7363 - UNKNOWN EXCEPTION at 001b:7C812AFB
Thread ID: 254 [596]
Crash info will be put in 00000430”

*EDIT2: After crash #22 I had problems with other saves of this map “All for one”. So I started it one more time. After new start everything was ok. Also the towns without fort were shown correctly, but after loading save with the new “version” of this map the bug returned. Probably crashes/bugs no 15, 18 and 22 could be caused by some mistakes in the map or because something was wrong with the map starting/loading. Someone else could test also this map or confirm if the problem with villages (18) has been noticed in other maps. *
EDiT3: I’ve tested the bug #18 with another map, and it repeated, so it is VCMI bug.
loading crashed save.zip (170 KB)
crash during saving_2.zip (205 KB)
crash during saving_1.zip (154 KB)
crash at the end of turn.zip (50.3 KB)

I tried to fight enemy hero visiting castle on arrogance3
that as it uses no castle screen may be lack of feature
that as I cant get empty castle too
but that as i see enemy crosbowmans shoot from hero place (ie. like spell) instead of his place is evidently a bug
first i thought it was invisible ballista but now i see it’s on archer’s turn :mrgreen:

Fixed.

I’ve observed it too. Well, that’s probably better than crash but… :frowning:

It happens sometimes in battle too…

My guess is that the electronic music playing may have something to do with starting or ending a track…

Best regards,
Steven.

#29 If hero has expert Air Magic, the Magic Arrow in Spell Book is shown with expert Earth Magic.

#30 If hero is in the town or other building and you want to check which hero is that you see the town guard or properties of the building. So the hero layer is behind the buldings layer, ie:
img442.imageshack.us/img442/2247/bugheroinf2.th.jpg

Hi there!

I haven’t been for a long time because i haven’t internet there where i was

For those who remembers that i’m translating russian heroes 3 manual called FizMiG into English i say that it’s in progress, stay tuned )

#31 I have edited video.vid file, and launching hotuploaded vcmi i got crash where console says
Smack cannot open 3DOLOGO.SMK
Disaster happened.
Reason: 0xc0000005 - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 001b:00494D63
Attempt to read from 0x0000000C
Thread ID: b18 [2840]
Crash info will be put in 000000F8

however there are other console messages after this, it’s probably how crashhandler works, but if not I wrote this for U

so vcmi needs to check presence of videofiles in video.vid pack and other packs with resources

BUUUT i`m not fallen hopeless to launch VCMI, some changes in VCMI via hex-editor made him alive and launchable ))) please note that i inserted instead of old videos names new ones not erasing any other data

#32 a nice bug (different maps, incl. arrogance, settings of downloaded package of VCMI), actualy mistake heroes from start have unbelievable stats-9 digits long, each one type of hero has different values (i.e. all of knight heroes have same defence)

#33 just minor : zombi retaliated my griffin (they stood back-to-back), he just reversed and right after reversed back and then griffin was hit, so no attack animation noticed,the same for some other units they do not show attacking animation for me only wounded animation, u know like standing 2 units together and first one is hit and then other is hit, weird for me, u know i’m sure no such bugs were in 0.72

#34 some strange in graphics:
#34.1 - in fully-built fortress(arrogance) i see strange waterwheel which is not present in heroes 3,
#34.2 - in stronghold spinning part of cyclops cave is hidden in one place by rocks
#34.3 - in necropolis if u compare blacksmith u will see differences(in front/under th blacksmith there some thombs in h3) and between wraithhouse and skeleton house there are differences, also if u hover a skeleton house u will see that un h3 yellow border interrupts(for other buildings and towns same) and in VCMI it’s like a space around building which erases the background

[size=75]*Edited as #34 seems to report different town screen (possible) bugs, so I’ve split them.

Zamolxis*[/size]

#35 After you load saved game the dwellings stop working.

[size=84]Please use Inteus in the attached map to reproduce all bugs reported in this post.[/size]

#36 - Inteus starts with his default Bloodlust, even though I removed it from Map Editor.

#37 - Wrong Bloodlust animation (see screenshot - looks a bit like Hell Hydra’s self-healing, though still different somehow)

#38 - Battle obstacles are still misplaced (regardless of resolution or terrain - see also screenshot)

I was under the feeling this was reported as solved (at least I don’t seem to find it in the logs). But it’s easily reproducible:

• Tested on Rough, Swamp & Subterranean, but probably valid for all
  • Tested on 1024x768 & 800x600, but probably valid for the other resolutions as well
  • If you load the attached map, you’ll see the creatures can walk through the obstacles
  • As seen in the screenshot, the placement of Subterranean obstacles is always in the hexes above them, however on other terrain the wrong placement does not follow the same “rule”

#39 - Psychic & Magic Elementals are seen as 2-hex creatures:

• See the empty hex in front of the Psychic E. If I try to move the Magic E. up behind him, he will go around that empty hex
  • See the “Bloodlust” animation - casted on the hex in front of Magic E.
  • We can also r-click in the hex in front of them for creature info
  • If you try to move them to an extreme right hex, they will stop 1 hex before the end of their available (shaded) movement
  • Their attacks from front & side-front are from 2 hexes away (reported as fixed in 0.71b/c, but apparently it came back)
  • When they attack from behind, they suddenly move 1 hex to the right in the moment of the attack

VCMI Tests.h3m (9.03 KB)

[size=84]You can attack Rissa with Neela in the map attached above to reproduce these:[/size]

#40 - Gremlins don’t always use the retaliation animation

#41 - Gargoyle’s attack animation is incomplete: they only open their wings, but they don’t hit with the claws

#41b - Stone Golems tend to use some sort of “footwork” instead of their fists as retaliation animation. :slight_smile:

[size=84]…and I suspect other creatures have issues with the battle animation as well (do these fit more in the “missing functionalities” section, or shall we continue to report them as bugs?)[/size]

EDIT: I just noticed that the missing retaliations bug was already reported by pHOMM as #33. Hopefully the above is still relevant though, as the issues are slightly different (or they just seem so): one has no retaliation animation, another incomplete, and a third creature wrong animation (and inconsistent). But perhaps it’s all related. I also changed the last log # here to #41b. #42 was duped below by Boulie, however his bug is more relevant.

Maybe we can create separate thread concern only battle bugs/“missing functionalities”. I’ve noticed many problems during battle but I’m not sure if I should write about it before we’ll get oponents AI. Probably then we will have much more notes. Maybe first we should just take care about Adventure Map’s crashes/bugs?

I’ve recently fixed some problems with two-hex creatures in battles (mostly crashbugs). I hope there remain just graphical glitches and missing features. I’ll try to consecutively fix & implement them. I don’t think creating separate thread for bugs / missing functionalities for battles is necessary, especially when so many battle bugs are reported in general bug threads. I think a better idea would be a list of most wanted things to be done in this area, both bugfixes and new features. It would help me focus on most important things.

I have similar problem with Subterranean Gates on the map “Divided Loyalties”.

#42 Morale Info - no info about additional morale modifiers caused by different regiments or same regiment or undead troops. (added table with troops morale modifiers from H3Manual)
img18.imageshack.us/img18/7968/bugmoralemodifiers.th.jpg
But troops morale is modified.
img27.imageshack.us/img27/5273/bugmoraletroopsmodifier.th.jpg

#43 Doubled hero - Enter the town with hero (but not last from the list)-> hide the hero in a garrisone -> ESC the town, next hero will be chosen from the list but the Adventure Map doesn’t centre on him ->spacebar (for centring the map) causes going into the town and adding the same hero as the one in garrison. (reproducible)
img259.imageshack.us/img259/3372/bugdoubledheroes.th.jpg img9.imageshack.us/img9/751/bugdoubledheroes2.th.jpg
After you exit the town new doubled hero is shown in your heroes list. You can go out but still one hero is garrisoned. you can go out with the garrisoned hero so everything become nearly normally but then there appears hero “ghost” standing just next to town :wink:
img41.imageshack.us/img41/7554/bugheroghost.th.jpgimg265.imageshack.us/img265/3516/bugheroghost2.th.jpg
Now, i’ve got two ghosts:
“Calh the demoniac” and “Olema the heretic”
img30.imageshack.us/img30/672/bugheroghost4.th.jpg img200.imageshack.us/img200/2677/bugheroghost3.th.jpg

#44 Crash I’ve tried to attack from front unicorns with behemoths (attached logs)
img196.imageshack.us/img196/7249/crashattackbehemothsvsu.th.jpg
crash_attack behemoth vs unicorn.zip (173 KB)
morale and luck tables.zip (67.9 KB)

Fixed.

Fixed.

Refer to bug ver.072d unprisoned heroes#17
There is some other problem. Seems to be that all heroes freed from prison are Orrins and have necromancy heroes faces. See screenshot, both heroes are freed and both should be Knights. Their names are Orrin and if I select one of them, both are selected.
img39.imageshack.us/img39/9973/bugprisonedheroes.th.jpg img200.imageshack.us/img200/8577/bugprisonedheroes2.th.jpg

#45 Crash - meeting screen - not reproducible.

img21.imageshack.us/img21/930/crashmeetingscreen.th.jpg
crash_meeting screen.zip (230 KB)

Next time please attach minidump file. It can help us fix even not reproducible bugs.

Fixed

Added. File was to big and I didn’t notice that.

#46 - I can’t run this version, movies was played and next i got error:

Object handler: 0
Cannot find file: ZNUMIT.MSKstring too long
		Reading config/cr_sounds.txt
		Reading config/sp_sounds.txt
Disaster happened.
Reason: 0xc0000005 - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 001b:004B53A4
Attempt to read from 0x00000010
Thread ID: a60 [2656]
Crash info will be put in 00000370

FIXED
VCMI_client.exe_crashinfo.rar (90.8 KB)

Same issue as [forum.vcmi.eu/t/vcmi-on-linux/133/34) I guess.

#47 - Hero on land can’t seem to open a trading screen with an adjacent hero in a boat.

Best regards,
Steven.