VCMI for Android

But the way, if screen untouched for some time (AI turns are long), screen goes off with blocking screen.
Maybe Android version will prevent turning off screen while VCMi is running?

Another issue I found in Android port:
when in battle, enemy hero sprite is not shown (only flag).
Is it only my bug? Or someone else found it too?

Another bug:
in siege enemy destroyed my catapult.
Now my hero doesnt have catapult in slot and cannot break walls :slight_smile:

Been waiting for this for so long, thanks to everyone involved in this.
Just want to mention some bugs I’ve experienced, unfortunately I can’t verify whether they also occur on other versions and these all occurred on a Nexus 10 tablet.

Major:

1. Enemy Hero AI seems to be broken, they don’t purchase creatures and instead hire as many heroes as they can which walk around with their starting creature stacks.

2. When Heroes are moving any map any features hidden by the Uncharted Territory fog flicker in and out of visibility

3. Enemy AI turns are never shorter than a minute

Minor:

1. No text for Tavern gossip

2. A neutral creature stack gained a morale bonus, which paused the battle on its turn. Needed to restart

3. May be intentional but if the cursor is held over enemy units their movement shadow is visible, if this is intended is this feature able to be turned off?

4. Grail map has a blue tint

5. Occasional random crashing

If you know anywhere better to post this then please inform me, cheers.

This link is also present at Google Play page, but anyway:
bugs.vcmi.eu/my_view_page.php

At friday finished my first L map on Android.
VCMI crashed several times during gaming (some times because of me and misconfiguration of creatures JSONs), sometimes due to some bugs. But finally it is playable.
As addition to bug i mentioned earlier there some other bugs:
FLYING ability (as well as WATER_WALK and spells Fly, Water Walk) of heroes didn’t work at all.

But i must say saves are stable now, i could load game and try to work around some moments where bugs crash game.
AI goes for long time, and plays relatibly good. He buyes armies, now tryes to siege towns when lost his towns.
Still AI almost doesnt take in most cases his dwellings and mines back. Doesnt attack weak enemy heroes (i went almost all 2 AI players territory by my weak hero and met no attacks.
Seems now AI is quite good at sea exploration and buying ships (in 0.94 AI couldnot effectively do this).
So great work is made on AI.

Somebody check this port.

This is not related to VCMI. This application includes x86 → arm binary translator, wine and X server. It just launches original HoMM 3.

xyz,
Hello. I am impressed with this project and your work personally.
It was many improvements since r3801 and about a month passed.
When you planned to make new nightly build for android?

I’m currently waiting for VCMI to switch to git.

[quote=“xyz”]

link is not active. what was theat ports name? O:-)

[quote=“xyz”]

link is not active. what was that ports name? O:-)

It was “Heroes 3 by Eltech” or something like that. I guess that Ubisoft really does not likes when somebody uses their trademarks (and especially - getting money from that)

Not a surprise I must say - last time I checked they had both “Heroes” and “Might & Magic” registered as trademarks.

new link play.google.com/store/apps/deta … eltechs.es

Can game files be installed on sd card? Only have 16GB internal storage but 64GB external.

Sorry, found the answer and it’s yes.

Could you please add a mouse mode for Samsung devices that moves the mouse while hovering the finger over the screen, and clicking when tapping?

developer.samsung.com/samsung-mo … r-Air-View

Hi xyz, great stuff you’re doing here!
To enable finger hover (or AirView, as Samsung calls it, it is also available on Sony devices), just update your SDL repository.
You might need to roll back this commit, if mouse clicks become laggy (I’ll fix that later this week).

Also, would be nice to put a link to your Github repo and to this thread into app description on Google Play, it takes some googling to find this page (I’m guilty myself for not providing all such links for my apps, now with 4K character limit for app description we devs have no excuses).

Putting InhibitSuspend=y in AndroidAppSettings.cfg will prevent phone screen turning off during AI turn.

In my opinion, this android port is the greatest part of this project. I really hope that you will continue and keep it up to date with every new version. I am no android developer, but I am a cplusplus user, and i am not familiar with linux environments. I do not even know what languages you use in android, but this port makes me want to join the android development of this project.

Hello everyone!

I just got my brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and VCMI crashes everytime on the load screen when I try to start a new Scenario. Campaign does not work either. I have tried older builds of VCMI as well as VCMI nightly. The strange thing is VCMI works greatly on my other Android devices. Does anyone have any advice or clue what to do?

I was very much looking forward to play HoMM 3 on my new Samsung Tab so I am rather desperate and any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Andi

Well if it works on your other android devices, then switching from samsung’s software to some other unofficial rom SHOULD work.
Anyway, such things shouldn’t happen, and xyz should definitely look into it.