VCMI 0.7 - Bug Reports

Not reproducible, I got l14 fine. Battle exp is implemented ? I never get lv, always with the chests.

#52 - frezze when i save game in battle (and monster doing move) - need to lock save when battle is running

Battle experience is implemented. Maybe you fought only small monster stacks between two Treasure Chests. Just check your experience points before and after a battle. If nothing changes at your side, it’s of course a bug that needs reporting. :wink:

I was testing it, and work, thanks.

Oh no, not the bloody path again!
:laughing:

I’ll take a look at this, maybe it needs just a small tweak in cost function.

It may be that last step problem - diagonal move is cheaper when it’s last possible move. Then it’ll be fixed in next release.

We’ll try to fix other bugs too.

#53 - Campfires should be able to be picked up from all directions, not requiring the hero to be east, west, or south of the campfire as in the screenshot.

img4.imageshack.us/img4/2610/campfirefn1.th.jpg

Best regards,
Steven.

#54 - If the hero does not have enough movement movement points left, the orientation of the hero should not change even if the hero intends to go in a different direction on the next turn (after all, horses can’t rotate without moving :wink:).

Best regards,
Steven.

#55 - Sometimes when building a structure in a town immediately or just after the building - the resource bar showing in the town screen does not get updated until you exit or click somewhere else on the town screen. (I’m not sure if it’s only in the higher resolution or whether it happens at the standard resolution too.)

img147.imageshack.us/img147/7475/buildingupdatingresourcbh9.th.jpg

Best regards,
Steven.

It’s true, I can’t pick up these campfires:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2340/20090208153232fr7.png

Fixed.

I think the problem may be in the different road usage calculation.
VCMI gives premy for road if destination tile is on it. H3 may give if both tiles between we are moving have road. It’s only my speculation (I haven’t tested this) but it would explain observed behaviours.

It may have been fixed. Please for the next dev release (a few days I think) and check if it’s still occurring.

Thank you very much for all the reports. I’ve prepared list of statuses of all reported here issues. And I think we should consider using a bugtracker…

RESOLVED
#1 - #2; #4 - #6, #12 - #19, #21 (almost), #23 - #25, #28 - #29

POSSIBLY RESOLVED (to be tested)
#9, #20, #26, #42, #47

WON’T BE RESOLVED
#3, #8, #27 - not a bug

TO BE CHECKED
#39 - #40

TO BE RESOLVED (BUGS)
#7 (wrong shots of Priest)
#10 (archangels animation in battle is very slow)
#30 - Animation Speed
#31 - Static animations
#33 - Rough pixel change on static animations.
#34, #35 - Tavern window buttons behaviour
#37 - Adventure Map keeps scrolling behind any open window
#41 - path calculation
#43 - Adventure Object occupied area
#44 - We can select also enemy starting heroes. It should not be possible, not even for allied players actually.
#49 - unlimited spell cast in battle (one ture)
#52 - frezze when i save game in battle (and monster doing move) - need to lock save when battle is running
#53 - Campfires should be able to be picked up from all directions
#54 - If the hero does not have enough movement movement points left, the orientation of the hero should not change
#55 - Sometimes when building a structure in a town immediately or just after the building

TO BE RESOLVED (FEATURES)
#11 - cant capture opponent’s castle
#32 - Glowing effect
#36 - “Next hero” button functionality
#46 - Witch Hut. After the first visit to the hut, right-click on that hut should also mention the skill available.
#48 - monster protected places not work great
#50 - is possible build “Kapitol” in all towns (tested in 2 towns)

• cancel / stop moving possibility
    #51 - UI Lack - the sliders should be able to set by number keys

Hope I didn’t mistaken anywhere.

Well… I fear you can’t install them.
Trunk folder contains most recent VCMI sources. You can use them to build new VCMI binaries (binary files - *.exe and *.dll). To do this you would need compiler, subversion client and time to set this all up. The simpler alternative is to wait for next dev release. :wink:
Anyway, it may be still useful to look on our repository to check commit messages describing changes we make tools.assembla.com/vcmi/timeline?&changeset=on ].

#56 random monsters (?) - (bug or feature :D) - I tested it in map Arrogance3.h3m, I loaded game 3 time’s and … look at those screens:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8291/20090208191919cj8.png
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/296/20090208191945hb9.png
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3343/20090208192007sk4.png

@dikamilo: I don’t see the issue. It’s perfectly normal to have random monsters (of a certain level) generated when you load the map.

#57 When the hero is on the move the screen seems to get centered after every step instead of smoothly following the hero.

Just felt it was so annoying i had to report it :stuck_out_tongue: . maybe it’s possible to change this already somehow?

#58 Attacking an enemy stack with a ranged creature reduces the enemy stack instantly instead of after he’s been actually hit.

@Aidis: I also noticed #57 - and I believe it becomes particularly obvious if we pick up an object at the end of a movement, and map seems to still center itself behind the pop-up message window we get.

I’m not familiar with how bug trackers work, but let us know how we can help if it’s sth for us.

#38 is resolved as well. And maybe also #22?

These, together with #45 are missing from the above list. But #45 is very hard to reproduce, so I don’t know in which category would go.

#3 was indeed not a bug, but we do have the related bug which should be included in TO BE RESOLVED list - and we could give it a separate bug code - #59 : Horde buildings, once built, still show as not built until the corresponding dwelling is upgraded (though I’m not sure if relogging issues reported in old versions helps you, or quite the contrary - in case you have a well organized log of everything that was previously reported).

#8 was indeed not a but. And same for #27, though for #27 I was thinking of starting a poll to check what would be the preferred default choice between gold & experience (as I suspect 90% of players would prefer experience).

Maybe give it a log number - #60 - and here is the complete functionality description:

I’ll go for the more simple alternative. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is indeed a very good thing to know and check every now and then. Thanks! :slight_smile:

#61 - Enter key does not work in the Chest window.

#62 - NumPad Enter does not seem to work in any window.

#63 - Adv.Map scrolling behind pop-up window. We can scroll the Adventure map behind some pop-up windows (Chest choice, level-up), but not behind other windows (Learning Stone, Water Wheel, etc).

In H3C the map is always frozen behind these pop-up windows. But now I’m not sure what is best for VCMI. I’ve noticed that particularly on high resolutions, can actually become interesting to be able to scroll the map while you have a choice pop-up window open. Not only may it seem “cool”, but can even turn useful - e.g.: you have a choice between 1000 Gold & 500 Experience, and you know you need about 500 Gold by the end of the day; you could use this feature to scroll around a bit, to see if there’s any pile of gold within the reach of one of your heroes, and then you could go for the experience without a worry.

Alternatively, if you go for disabling the map scrolling behind window, I would still consider implementing it in the form of a certain key combination (e.g.: Ctrl+Arrows)

But one thing is sure: I wouldn’t leave it as it is - scrollable behind some windows, but not behind others.

#64 - The 1024x600 resolution doesn’t really work on my PC. It basically looks just like 800x600, plus a big black area in the right side of the Adv.Map. I’m not sure if it’s supposed that only one of the 2 new resolutions work on a certain machine (depending on the display settings), or it’s indeed really a bug.

#65 - When selecting resolutions in the console, if instead of selecting 0, 1, 2 or 3, I type “resolution 1024 x 600”, the console crashes. I know it’s my “mistake” not indicating one of the 4 values as requested, but maybe the console could simply return an “Invalid command” line and remain functional, instead of crashing.

#66 - Exiting game (System Options - Quit to Desktop) in full screen mode causes the application to stop responding. We can only kill it from Task Manager.

#67 - Left, bottom and right sides of the frame surrounding the Adventure map still need to be adjusted in size. See here for more details.

#68 - Border or Quest Guards can’t be accessed from all directions - Tested in War of the Mighty (Border Guards near both Red castles are inaccessible) and Tale of Two Lands (in Subterranean area south-east of starting Red castle, one Quest Guard is accessible but the other isn’t).

Best regards,
Steven.

Implemented, though 8 hero limit includes garrisoned heroes. I’m not sure if not counting them was an intentional feature.

Fixed.

#69 There is a click sound when clicking anywhere at the main menu. should just make a sound when clicking on any of the options(new game,load game etc).

#70 The “default” sight radius is bigger in VCMI than in H3C, and also not centered around the hero.

In none of the following pictures did i have any items that increased sight.

these two pictures is from a new started map:
H3C: i42.tinypic.com/2415hfm.jpg
VCMI: i39.tinypic.com/121fif5.jpg

As you can see in the VCMI pic the sight radius is bigger and also not centered around the hero. (I havent moved at all yet in none of those pictures.)

These 2 following pictures is after walking the path shown in my earlier VCMI picture(i39.tinypic.com/121fif5.jpg) + 3 steps straight down.

H3C: i41.tinypic.com/erncb4.jpg
VCMI: i42.tinypic.com/2011rtz.jpg

As I said earlier in none of these pictures did i have any skills or artifacts that could increase my sight radius (to my knowledge at least).

EDIT: i44.tinypic.com/bhdq2c.jpg
Much more easy looking comparison pic with some photoshop skills :stuck_out_tongue: