Android port

320 x 480 resolution and VCMI
"Does not compute"

Pelya stated that image is automatically rescaled by opengl to fit the device resolution, so it is not a blocker. Many text labels will be probably illegible though. CPU is also a bit slow… (cf [forum.vcmi.eu/t/low-fps-asus-eee-pad-trasformar-tf101/445/1) )

To run the game on your phone you should follow instructions from the android port developer market.android.com/details?id=eu.vcmi ]. The port is not an initiative of VCMI Team and we have no means of providing support for it.

I think it just can’t be playable on that small resolutions without specific UI and some other adjustments…

Well, It’s playable with video smoothing and if not, you may always use magnifying glass - when you configure it correctly it’s playable (excluding problems with saving etc.)

Hi guys

I got very excited when I read about HOMM3 on android here - androidpolice.com/2011/06/14 … ment-here/

Top work so far but very disappointed to find it’s not quite finished.

As others in this thread have found - game opens fine but crashes when either loading/saving or ending turn.

Fingers crossed one of you clever folks manages to complete VCMI and the android port!

Are you still working on port of this game? When it will released? I hope that will good port.

who said anybody from vcmi team was working on an android port? :question: :question: :question:

full complete files and wake of the gods all installed. entire folder copied to the specified folder, folliowing these instructions:

droidgamers.co…-still-required

and still not working. vcmi loads, goes straight back to home screen. HELP! :smiley: thanks

I strongly recommend READING this thread in first place. For example Tow’s post on this page.

Pelya wanted give advert, but given troubles :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed.
I think it should be stated clearly in the app description that its an unofficial port, and not “come to vcmi.eu for support”.

Hi guys, does anyone here own new Samsung Galaxy S3? AFAIK, this phone runs on a 1280x720 resolution - can anyone who owns this phone try to run VCMI on it?

i finded out that it working on hvga screen almost,got issues with saving loading game( when trying to save, or load takes me to menu) and with day turn it takes while load another day, another thing i finded out that vcmi saves autosave games *.vcgm1 *.vlgm1 *.vsgm1 file’s but i looked at my pc(windows) at h3 shadow of death and its saving its autosave files to only one *.GM1 (Autosave.GM1 etc.) file maybe games doesnt support these vcgm1 vlgm1 vsgm1 file’s and program crashes when trying to load or save file because it cant load even a auto save file(again - takes back to android menu) if saving and loading issues where fixed and of course if playing vs computer will be able PELYA,TOW and all VCMI crew will be GODLIKE human’s on earth

The VCMI Savegame format is different than original H3 one - it refers also to autosaves.
On another side all oryginal maps and campaigns load into VCMI as is.
If you wish to check savegames from the phone use PC version of VCMI, however remember that android port is outdated and abandoned, so PC version is more than one year further in works - but if there come devs with android device which would care a bit more than Pelya, then Perhaps there would be newer android port. PC version is better to check what VCMI can NOW.

so i see that VCMI android port is not updated,last update 0.86.04 10 months ago :frowning: and why do we need pc version vcmi for heroes 3 :DD if there is pc version of heroes 3 itself į played that game 8 years ago…that game is on pc about 13years so why do we need vcmi emulator on pc?to play homm3 that is already on pc 13 years? :DD

please try running your original H3 at 1920 × 1080 and tell us how it goes…

and why i need to do that?played on 1600x1200 and going good :slight_smile:

sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/

I see no one bothered to look into our wiki… wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=VCMI . For those who don’t want to read a few sentences more: our primary goal is making creation of mods easy.

can you make update for android vcmi,because pelya left it, you see android is popular os and every homm3 fan would like to play it on android if someone make update and take small dotations for 1-2$ it will earn money for that update :unamused: its just need fix save load issue :-/ left it when it will work fine not give hope and kill that hope of game, or make your new official vcmi android,because vcmi is your project :->