we are proudly releasing VCMI 0.92. This is basically a bugfix release, aimed to correct most annoying regressions that appeared in 0.91. Still, we managed to fit a few small features and improvements. Campaigns finally present video introductions and move heroes between missions. Configuration files support more string identifiers, making them more readable. Some configuration possibilities, especially for spells, were extended.
Modding system in VCMI is already quite powerful. Just check Cove package that adds new faction from Horn of The Abyss add-on or Witchking Artifacts Pack. For the full list of available mods, installation instructions and guidelines on how to create them, please visit our wiki article.
For the bugreports that we resolved in this release, please check the bugtracker changelog.
Check items implementation status for the full information about which spells, artifacts and campaign features are supported.
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder. If you have older version of VCMI, delete it first.
WoG 3.58f or ERA is required. We recommend using English version, though VCMI should also work with other language versions. If you want to make your H3 installation English, extract this package into Data/ subfolder.
Save format has been changed, savegames from previous versions won’t work with 0.92.
VCMI supports 800x600, 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1080 and 1920x1080 screen resolutions. To switch default resolution in system settings window click “HIGH” button and select resolution (available only in game). As for now custom resolution is only applied when the map is started.
Many thanks for all testers and developers who contributed to this build.
For the general information about our project look here. Our project isn’t really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We’re hoping that you’ll like it.
For bug reports, we have deployed separate bugtracker. Please report bugs using this form. Check this page for list of known bugs and details.
We hope you’ll help us develop the project - details are available here. VCMI is an open source project licensed on GNU GPL 2.0 or higher. Our SVN repository with all the sources is available here.
You can look for help in building and developing VCMI sources in the development board.
- hero crossover between missions in campaigns
- introduction before missions in campaigns
- Added CREATURE_SPELL_POWER for commanders
- Added spell modifiers to various spells: Hypnotize (Astral), Firewall (Luna), Landmine
- Fixed ENEMY_DEFENCE_REDUCTION, GENERAL_ATTACK_REDUCTION
- Extended usefulness of ONLY_DISTANCE_FIGHT, ONLY_MELEE_FIGHT ranges
- Double growth creatures are configurable now
- Drain Life now has % effect depending on bonus value
- Stack can use more than 2 attacks. Additional attacks can now be seperated as "ONLY_MELEE_FIGHT and “ONLY_DISTANCE_FIGHT”.
- Moat damage configurable
- More config options for spells:
- mind immunity handled by config
- direct damage immunity handled by config
- immunity icon configurable
- removed mind_spell flag
- creature config use string ids now.
- support for string subtype id in short bonus format
- primary skill identifiers for bonuses
Full changelog is available here.