Here are some bugs noticed in 0.68b:
#b1 - Unstable interface when hero stops moving (reproducible)
When hero stops moving, in the change from the moving animation to the static position, for like a fraction of a second, the interface hangs a bit (or very shortly trembles, like an unstable focus or sth). If at the end of the movement there is an object which trigges a message window (e.g.: treasure chest), we can see this very short tremble behind the message window. This was introduced now with 0.68b. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t in 0.68.
#b2 - Save game crash (reproducible)
I’m not sure what you meant by “when no savegames were available” and actually I haven’t tested the save game functionality in 0.68 to know how it behaved before. But this is the error I’m getting now in 0.68b:
i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI%202009/th_90126-savegamecrash.jpg
Here is the detailed behavior:
1 - I clicked on the console and typed ‘save test’
2 - Next I got a Windows error similar to the one in the screenshot, only indicating ‘VCMI_server.exe’ in the title bar
3 - After closing the Windows error, the game does not (apparently) crash, and it looks like I am able to continue playing
4 - However if I start playing (trying to move the hero, or open an interface), the game crashes again. And now I get what you see in the screenshot:
> “End of file” line appears in console
> Windows error screen, now indicating ‘VCMI_client.exe’ in title bar
> And simultaneously I get in the console the same text that me & Steven used to get when we couldn’t launch 0.68 few days ago: “This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact…”