Tavern

Maybe this is the right post to ask.
Someone know in what russian forum I can ask for a new exe for Wiz8?
The game support modding but a loader or a better exe is necessary.
Must be Russian because in the usa forums they say is illegal mod a exe.

It would be helpful if you briefly descibed what is it.

In USA only being an idiot is not a crime. You may loose warranty, but in general developers support development of mods.

But as far as I know, nobody on this board visits russian forums and hardly anyone knows the language.

Actualy I speak Russian, and for now i’m working on Heroes 3 manual that is in Russian - translating it , and part is done already.

So if U describe me what is the point of your request, i’ll try to find in russian forums
in fact i know theese mods(already made): Rekvizit, Phoenix-mod, Era (it’s more mod-platform), Horn of the Abyss(HotA), and Sagamosa, there are also such editions of WOG - Tournament Edition and World Tournament - theese are not much patched (means exe) , most of features are made through ERM

Is ANOTHER game, Wizardry 8.
MadGod create a powerful editor that can do many things but some hardcoded things cannot be changed. Because this topic is called “tavern” I ask here.
I play lots of old games, because I m old too, and mods are always welcome. The guys that made the ones for JA2 made a full work changing ALL the game the way they want, in x-com the loader from Seb76 as examples. Here too a complete work, cant wait for every release, maybe I go and cryogenic myself for not wait the next version.
But Wizardry need some help and I only find a site that MAYBE is doing something but I think they only are translating the game to Hungarian lang. For that I ask where I can find people that want to make a loader to or a new EXE for Wizardry 8, of course a loader is more “easy” in terms of work. Hope this don’t break some rule.

Sorry I’m not familiar with this game, and i have no idea how can i help u with your problem, but if u will find a place where it is desribed i will help U to understand Russians

Hi, I’m happy to announce that I’ve finally got my new PC. All technical problems are hopefully solved. Still have to install tons of soft, including settings up development environment but I’ll return to full activity soon. :slight_smile:

If anyone IM-ed me and haven’t received answer (and should have), please write me again. I’ve was moving between a few machines (and systems) last weeks and it’s possible that I’ve lost some messages. Sorry for trouble.

If there are some high priority matters that need my attention soon, let me know.
Otherwise I’ll focus on reviewing recent changes to sources and bugreports.

Glad to hear! :slight_smile:

May this one be an obedient, reliable and long lasting machine. :mrgreen:

I don’t think there are any high priority matters pending (at least none that I can think of). With medium priority would be the need of a dev. release perhaps, as we’ve had about 40 bug fixes since the last one. But I guess that won’t be for the coming days. For the rest, no IMs from me, just a PM in which I was mentioning a tiny correction for the homepage article about the 0.74 release (referred to as 0.73 at some point). But I just realized - only now :stuck_out_tongue: - that by editing the post in the Announcements section, I fixed it on the homepage as well. :wink:

In case you’re tired of X-mass songs…

pure.fm/forum/Themes/7dana_smf/images/smflogo.jpg
tranceparadise.hu/images/blank.gif

Make sure to be there when time comes B)

merry xmass
…/…
…//…
…///…
…////…

Arrgh! My company (finally) put VCMI on the list of forbidden game sites, that employees should not waste their time with during working hours. What a nasty way to welcome me upon my return from holidays. :imp:

:stuck_out_tongue:

My condolences to our Polish fellow forumers. I was shocked to hear of yesterday’s tragic plane crash next to Katyn. It’s even more terrible considering the historical significance of the place.

:frowning:

Hi guys,

I’m passing by just to let you know I won’t be around the next 16-17 days. I’m going hiking in the mountains for 2 fat weeks. I might lodge at some mountain cabins, but I doubt they have internet. See you back after Aug 22. :wink:

I’m back and ready to rock :sunglasses:

@Zamolxis

Have a nice vacation!

I’m going also trekking in Polish mountains called Beskid Zywiecki :wink:
@Zamolxis, which mountains do you spend your holidays?

Thanks. It really was. :slight_smile:

Appennino Ligure. Not the highest, but quite nice. Plus some friends live there so I chose the place also so that I can pay them a visit.

Very very great work. Thx all people who doing this engine.
p.s. For Heroes 4 Similar planned ?

No, definitely not. Too much work with just one game :).

Nice work so far!

Just popping in to say I’m glad people are still interested in this game so long after its release. Nothing in the genre has come close to the greatness of H3. Fingers crossed for H7, eh?

I’ve played the online version (Kingdoms) for a while, and it’s been disaster after disaster. And looking at the reviews for H6, it seems they have dumbed down the game a lot. So I think that as long as ubi owns the franchise, H3 won’t be beaten :imp: