Okay so today I played casually on the “Vial of Life” default scenario on your branch on “easy” level. I played the same scenario last week on develop, so I think I had a pretty good comparison.
So here is my review:
Great Job! Finally VCMI is fun to play even with AI opponents. The AI was exploring the map, developing the towns, engaging in fights when it made sense etc. Of course there are some quirks, but it’s really a huge step forward.
- Already during the first week I noticed enemy hero exploring the around border
- I think during week 2 or 3 one enemy was eliminated - I guess by other enemy! (it’s 4 player map, I played 1 human vs 3 computers)
- There was a reasonable amount of scouts around the map in lategame, stealing my gold mines etc.
- There were some heroes with challenging armies gathered lurking around or even invading my not-so-strong-defended cities.
I noticed a couple of quirks you might want to know, but please don’t feel discouraged by them. The AI branch is really a huge step forward.
- There was a situation when I invaded enemy, my hero’s movement range ended just next to his city on weekday 7. And I noticed two scouts (like, “one level one unit” scouts) standing next to the town. I thought - okay, now he’s gonna prepare for the battle and move these scouts away. But on the next day, the situation was just the same, he didn’t even buy any army (although when I think about it now, I’m not sure if he was able to move on day 1, maybe only day 7 after my turn). See screenshot attached.
- Some hero invaded me much later, instead of attacking my town started exploring and then suddenly locked on an Obelisk. Standing there, in exactly same spot for 7 or more turns until I quit the game.
Again, good job with the AI. Looking forward to further updates.