Animation in heroes3 are stored in .def files. There’s tool for easy making defs, but defs don’t support png files only bmp, with 8-bit colours and cyan background. For animations in png you must create fake def and override it wih json containing list of animation files.
What is the news?
It had started fast and cool… Is it already dead?
Sorry guys, I’m actually working with my band on our album so the project is actually in hiatus. Though, I plan to finish this mod someday (and potentially work on others later), I didn’t forgot.
I’m working again on this project since last week and I’ve made a lot of progress. I will soon release the v0.2 with a detailed changelog and announce what I’ll be working on for the v0.3. The update should come within the next days!
If there’s any new suggestions/feedbacks about my mod, please tell me so I can work on them for the upcoming release.
It would be great if you will release both night and day town versions.
See the changelog below to know more about the upcoming release (v0.2) and the following release (v0.3). Changelog is also available in a .txt file within the mod. Have fun!
Download link: Refugee Town (v0.2)
Refugee Town - changelog (v0.2):
- NEW TOWN SCREEN ! (Cathedral’s town screen replaced with original town screen).
- Edited buildings’ ressources costs, unlocking tree & names (Cathedral -> Refugee).
- Renamed buildings’ names (Cathedral -> Refugee).
- Remastered town’s theme.
- Edited Creatures portraits & background to fit the new Town screen.
- Edited in-game Mage Guild background to fit the new Town screen.
- Edited various game icons to fit the new Town screen.
- New buildings: Grail, Special1.
- Animated building: Grail, LVL6Upg., LVL7, LVL7Upg.
- New spells :
- Namburbi : Summon Gold golems (expert = Diamond golems).
- Gottesbriefe : Reduce LUCK & MORALE of targeted enemy (expert = all enemy units).
- Replaced Keyvan’s specialty with a new one (Skill = Resistance).
- Replaced Shayan’s specialty with a new one (Skill = New spell Namburbi).
- Units :
- LVL7 Unit will no longer have the ability to cast Sorrow & Misfortune after attack (with 50% chance each). Instead, it will now have the ability to cast Gottesbriefe after attack (with 30% chance).
Also, it will now have the ability to cast Curse before attack (with 10% chance). Stats change (Nrm/Upg): Nerfed attack (-5ATK), Buffed defense (+4/3DEF) and Damage changed from 30-40 to 25-45.
- LVL3 Unit : removed “Ranged retaliation” and “No wall” abilities. The ability “no melee penalty” will no longer apply to unupgraded units. Reduced speed (7 -> 5).
- Misc. :
- Fixed .JSON files syntax errors and optimized their codes.
- Improved heroes’ specialties and other icons.
TO DO LIST:
- Townscreen animation: Fix GRAIL animation artefacts, import Dwelling 5 animation & improve Dwelling 7 animation.
- Puzzle section (visuals are not created yet).
- Siege section (visuals are not created yet).
- Heroes battle & map models.
- More new spells? Add new artefacts?
- Add/make those buildings work: SPECIAL2, SPECIAL3, HORDE1, HORDE2 (features unsupported with VCMI right now).
- Heroes specialty tooltips (Areman, Mahyar, Mithra, Keyvan & Shayan). I don’t know how it works though.
@Macron1 I’ll save this idea for later. The actual town screen might change over the futures releases and I will work on an alternate version once it will be in its final phase.
Also, someone on HeroesCommunity forum told me his game crash whenever he’s using the new spell “Namburbi”. Do you guys encounter the same issue?
By the way, I recommend using these mods in addition to my mod:
- Unlucky Ones: Negative luck mod, enables this option and makes game more suited for this feature. This new mechanic will work well with the new spell “Gottesbriefe”.
- VCMI essential files (v1.01): Updating your VCMI essential files will add several missing abilities’ graphics (just delete and replace the “vcmi” folder with this one in the “mods” folder).
Hordes are supported
@Macron1 I didn’t knew that, thanks for the info. They don’t seems to work with my VCMI build (21/07/2019). Gonna update right now
Buildings super composition shit, you can rebuild and the castle will become more interesting this is purely my opinion
At me, casting Namburbi spell also crashes the game. And I don’t know why
About horde growth:
in file faction.json instead of:
"horde" : [ 2, 5 ] type
"horde" : [ 1, 4 ],
I know, it’s little illogical, but with those parametres all work as intended.
I did and it now works. I’m curious to know why “
[1, 4],” works. Do you have any explanation lol?
Here’s the edited .json to make the horde working.
faction.json (5,3 Ko)
Also, if you replace the
rfgSummon.json with this file, does it fix the crash issue? File to replace is in
rfgSummon.json (2,4 Ko)
I guess lvl1 is 0, lvl7 is 6.
Seems logic and coherent now that you mention it. Buildings’ index usually begins with “0”.
logs.zip (118.2 KB)
Still crashes. It’s strange because I wrote earlier some summon spells and other summon spells are working, but yours - not
It crashed because I deleted the “power” value at root. I’ll need your crash-log for the original file from the v0.2 release (you can download it below).
rfgSummon.json (2,4 Ko)
Ok, I’ve found the cause.
"id": "refugeetown:rfgGoldGolem", - it means that main folder of your mod must have name refugeetown. But you’ve packed your mod tht after unpacking there’s no refugeetown folder by default.