Few requests and issues (SDL/settings.txt/Linux)

Sorry for the delay, I had to help a friend moving into a new apartment. Indeed both of your attempts fix the crash, whereas the first one works flawless, and the second one seems to disable the spinning of the WOG logo (I did not try to understand the changes, so I guess it was your intention to do so). I guess the first one is the superior fix, as it allows the WOG thingy to spin like in the normal version?

I’ll patch this change to the Maemo port until you managed to code a switch depending on active bpp settings. Thank you very much for this! :slight_smile:

I hope Chris (check this thread) will help out here. If he already left, I could give it a try, but I guess my attempts are rather noobish.

Did you keep in mind we already have a working config by Zamolxis for the normal game screen? (adventure map?) Warmonger probably stated most of the parts missing for a working 800x480 resolution, too.

Check out the idea of Zamolxis, regarding the buttons in the main menu. (Click) BTW, can we keep the discussion regarding 16bbp here, and move to this thread regarding the 800x480 resolution? I hate having multiple places for one discussion. :confused:

In my both attempts I tried to fix the issue (so the video is working), I’m happy that my first attempt was successful.

I’ve committed a fix based on it (r1781). I didn’t have an opportunity to test if it compiles and works, so if anything is wrong please tell me and/or correct me :slight_smile:

So be it :slight_smile:

It works perfectly (at least for 16bpp). Thank you very much!

Thank you! :slight_smile: Guess this thread is going to die now…