Forum index VCMI Project - Heroes 3: WoG recreated
Forum of the project aiming to recreate best turn-based strategy ever!

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics
RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Previous topic :: Next topic
VCMI 0.97 released
Ivan 
VCMI programmer

Posted: 2014-11-18, 18:33   

...however those builds won't work with current Debian Stable.

I encountered some issues with compilation of new packages - Debian uses too old version of libboost. I'll try to fix compilation and build packages on weekend. Sorry for delay.

Warmonger 
VCMI programmer

Posted: 2014-11-22, 12:08   

Updated main page header - we now have much more to be proud of ;)
Warmonger, you are the best!

Kantor 

Posted: 2014-11-25, 14:37   

I'm sorry for such delayed post, but Warmonger, could you please include the lacking graphics in the VCMI, which I'm uploading?

Lib1.res.rar
Download 467 Time(s) 103.35 KB

AVS 

Posted: 2014-11-25, 16:13   

Kantor wrote:
I'm sorry for such delayed post, but Warmonger, could you please include the lacking graphics in the VCMI, which I'm uploading?

It is already included in vcmi core mod.

Carabus 

Posted: 2014-11-29, 20:12   

Hello everyone

I would like to ask where the installation instructions on Windows are included?
"README" file says "For installation of latest release see release announcement", while the release announcement has nothing about installation on Windows except for download link.

Specifically do I need to install VCMI on top of Heroes 3 Complete installation, or in subfolder or in completelly different folder?
Do I need to install WoG first or does VCMI come with it?
Such info really should be included somewhere obvious (like in readme.txt), please point me where it is in case I missed it.

Another issue I have is that VCMI_launcher.exe doesn't work on Windows XP, it shows "is not valid win32 application" error message.
I assume it is the same issue as in http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?t=963
It was said that it will be fixed in next version after 0.96 (so should be in 0.97), but apparently it still happens.
Is it planned to be fixed soon, or the only way to run VCMI is to compile it myself?

Thanks for help in advance.

PS. Jak komu¶ wygodniej to niech odpisze po Polsku :)

Warmonger 
VCMI programmer

Posted: 2014-11-29, 20:27   

Quote:
"README" file says "For installation of latest release see release announcement", while the release announcement has nothing about installation on Windows except for download link.

Oh right, because now I make releases and just didn't follow the pattern. Will fix.
Warmonger, you are the best!

Like-Heroes

Posted: 2014-12-21, 07:18   

Игра отличная но ai очень глупый

Tooandorisu 

Posted: 2015-01-04, 18:09   

I wonder. In regualr HOMM3, when doing the /nwcgrail command thing, pressing f4 you get window mode, and doing cheats like that, is this possible in vcmi? Yes... I'm a cheater. But only when it comes to the holy grail. So, this is the reason I was wondering: In regular HOMM3 you could like get all spells right away, and holy grail. Is this possible in VCMI?

Macron1 

Posted: 2015-01-04, 19:52   

Tooandorisu wrote:
I wonder. In regualr HOMM3, when doing the /nwcgrail command thing, pressing f4 you get window mode, and doing cheats like that, is this possible in vcmi? Yes... I'm a cheater. But only when it comes to the holy grail. So, this is the reason I was wondering: In regular HOMM3 you could like get all spells right away, and holy grail. Is this possible in VCMI?

Cheat codes to the right:
a) woggaladriel -> vcmiainur
b) wogoliphaunt -> vcminoldor
c) wogshadowfax -> vcminahar
d) wogeyeofsauron -> vcmieagles
e) wogisengard -> vcmiformenos
f) wogsaruman -> vcmiistari
g) wogpathofthedead -> vcmiangband
h) woggandalfwhite -> vcmiglorfindel

AVS 

Posted: 2015-01-04, 20:11   

Tooandorisu wrote:

http://wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Cheat_codes

STeeL 

Posted: 2015-02-02, 14:42   

Hello community
how to start multiplayer server using this command?
Code:

vcmiclient --loadserver --loadnumplayers 2 --loadhumanplayerindices 0 --loadhumanplayerindices 1 --loadplayer 0

should i somehow specify saved file?[/code]

AVS 

Posted: 2015-02-02, 14:54   

STeeL wrote:
Hello community
Code:

vcmiclient --loadserver --loadnumplayers 2 --loadhumanplayerindices 0 --loadhumanplayerindices 1 --loadplayer 0

To start new miltiplayer game no need to specify any command line arguments, there options are temporary solution for loading multiplayer game (you start game with these arguments and load game as if it was singleplayer).

STeeL 

Posted: 2015-02-02, 20:05   

AVS wrote:
STeeL wrote:
Hello community
Code:

To start new miltiplayer game no need to specify any command line arguments, there options are temporary solution for loading multiplayer game (you start game with these arguments and load game as if it was singleplayer).

thanks for reply, I know that it's possible to play multiplayer in vcmi,but i want to host something like dedicated server(it was mentioned in TO-DO list),so i supposed that command --loadserver allow host multiplayer server in console mode,but i think i was wrong...

Macron1 

Posted: 2015-02-15, 15:02   

Is there still no way to return modSettings.json/settings.json from windows user's directory to config directory of installation directory?

val-gaav 

Posted: 2015-03-07, 10:26   

Warmonger wrote:
* Undeground zones will look just like surface zones
?

That is great addition. Maybe at least in Vcmi maps with underground will be played more often. Original rmg makes very bad underground hard to navigate and with less things then normal land zones.

thumbs up for this great idea :)

I also noticed vcmi random generator doesn't misplace guards as the original did. That is also great :) maybe it should be also advertised as a feature.

Reply to topic