Forum index VCMI Project - Heroes 3: WoG recreated
Forum of the project aiming to recreate best turn-based strategy ever!

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics
RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Previous topic :: Next topic
"Could not create a random map that fits current choice
dlhoward
Posted: 2014-03-27, 00:46   "Could not create a random map that fits current choice

Hi all. It feels like this must have a really simple explanation, but I can't find one.

I installed HOMM3 Complete into a new directory. Then I installed ERA 2.46 to that same directory. Then I unzipped VCMI 0.95 to that directory. Then I ran VCMI_client.exe. New Game > Single Scenario > Random Map. No matter how I set the settings, I get the message "Could not create a random map that fits current choices."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David[/list]

dlhoward
Posted: 2014-03-27, 03:01   

Heh - just read a reply (AlienX?) to my previous post that notes that random generated maps don't work with VCMI right now.

What are random premade maps, though?

Warmonger 
VCMI programmer

Posted: 2014-03-27, 07:11   

Well, some random maps (though not playable) used to be generated under various settings, so I'd consider it a bug.
Warmonger, you are the best!

AlienX 

Posted: 2014-03-27, 17:36   

By random premade I mean randomly chosen from standard/fanmade maps ;-)

Halt 

Posted: 2016-02-07, 19:01   

I have the same error in VCMI 0.98. Random Map Generator just not implemented yet?

misiokles 

Posted: 2016-02-07, 22:37   

This should be sticky information:
Now in VCMI we have six RMG's.

1. Analogy allows you to create map size M and M+U and 4 players max (see analogy.json file)
2. Clash of Dragons allows you to create map size min L+U max XL+U and 2 players (see clashofDragons.json file)
3. Coldshadows Fantasy allows you to create map size XL+U and players 4-8, "cpu" : "3-6" players (see coldshadowsFantasy.json file)
4. Golden Ring allows you to create map size M+U and L and players 3 (see goldenring.json file)
5. Jebus Cross allows you to create map size L+U till XL+U and players 2-4 (see jebuscross.json file)
6. Upgrade allows you to create map size S+U and M and players 2 (see upgrade.json file)

So, if you want to generate XL+U random map and 3 players, you must eneble Coldshadow Fantasy template or Jebus Cross template in mods manager and DISABLE the others. There's nothing wrong with map generator, just threre's so little possibilities.

Warmonger 
VCMI programmer

Posted: 2016-02-08, 07:17   

Quote:
So, if you want to generate XL+U random map and 3 players, you must eneble Coldshadow Fantasy template or Jebus Cross template in mods manager and DISABLE the others.

You don't need to disable anything, just choose the right amount of players and map size.

For example it is impossible to generate L map with 8 players.

ALso we kindly ask modders to create new map templates (and port the existing ones).

Halt 

Posted: 2016-02-08, 14:30   

And you are sure that it works properly? Generator created map but without any roads, mines were not guarded even by 1-lvl creatures. I was reading that it will be creating ( in VCMI 0.98 ) better maps ( more playable ) than in normal Heores or in Wog. Maybe i must to change my settings? Or it's just a project in work, not finished yet?

Warmonger 
VCMI programmer

Posted: 2016-02-08, 14:47   

Roads were added in 0.98c.

Mine guards depend on RMG settings. Rules are identical as in OH3.

Halt 

Posted: 2016-02-08, 16:14   

Ok. So if I will download 0.98f problem will disappear? 0.98f has all enhancements implemented in older versions? Sorry for question out of topic but only thing that i must to do is to extract VCMI 0.98f to folder with Heroes? Or in Mods Folder?

misiokles 

Posted: 2016-02-08, 17:46   

Warmonger wrote:

ALso we kindly ask modders to create new map templates (and port the existing ones).

Here's the pack of good rmg templates. Maybe someone who is skilled with vcmi code will make new ports...
http://www.toheroes.com/h3maps/Random.htm
http://legendyheroes.uzza...-templates.html

Halt wrote:
So if I will download 0.98f problem will disappear? 0.98f has all enhancements implemented in older versions? Sorry for question out of topic but only thing that i must to do is to extract VCMI 0.98f to folder with Heroes? Or in Mods Folder?

Info frm main site:
Installation

We recommend you first make a copy of clean Heroes Complete / Shadow of Death folder. Extract VCMI zip package there.
WoG is not needed. All recommended mods and files can be downloaded via Launcher included in the package.

Halt 

Posted: 2016-02-08, 20:26   

That's mean that there is a possibility even to ownload newversions of VCMI by Launcher? Where can I do it?

Or I must to extract each new version on clean heroes and delete heroes with older version?

zerg

Posted: 2016-10-30, 06:13   

need help Old Forge Town ported from v0.96 to v0.98 https://yadi.sk/d/XhRgZmdCxmSHU random map generator is not working how to fix housing

mist

Posted: 2016-11-10, 03:51   

Lastet build VCMI+Hmm3SOD
Cant create random maps
"Could not create a random map that fits current choices."

UPD
Huuh :-) At last all works) Do not right install VCMI
what i do
1. Make copy dir Homm3 complete or SOD
2. Extract there VCMI 0.99
3. Extract there too with overwrite last daily builds for Windows
4. All work good Thanks! :-)

misiokles 

Posted: 2016-11-10, 07:14   

Could you try to generate any random map with 7 players?

Reply to topic