Forum index VCMI Project - Heroes 3: WoG recreated
Forum of the project aiming to recreate best turn-based strategy ever!

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics
RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Previous topic :: Next topic
Missing portraits of heroes, crashes when entering battle
Author Message
BTLtu 

Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 2
Posted: 2016-03-02, 14:27   Missing portraits of heroes, crashes when entering battle

Hi.

As the topic says, portraits of heroes are missing everywhere ingame.

I have: Windows 7,
H3 Complete [from GoG],
VCMI 0.98g,
Installed only Wog mod from vcmi launcher.

Everything is working, only those heroes icons are gone and i quess this is somehow responsible for game crashing when i'm entering into battle.

In VCMI_Client_log only errors that occurs looks something like this:

601256 ERROR global [1914] - GetImage error: Request for frame not present in CAnimation! File name: PORTRAITSSMALL Group: 0 Frame: 126

I just found this projects so forgive me for being noob. I was looking for solution for the last several hours and now i feel stupid. Can anyone help me out with this?
 
     
AVS 

Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Posts: 553
Location: Russia
Posted: 2016-03-02, 17:58   

What if you disable WOG?
 
     
Tooandorisu 


Age: 29
Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Posts: 83
Posted: 2016-03-02, 18:49   Re: Missing portraits of heroes, crashes when entering battl

BTLtu wrote:
Hi.

As the topic says, portraits of heroes are missing everywhere ingame.

I have: Windows 7,
H3 Complete [from GoG],
VCMI 0.98g,
Installed only Wog mod from vcmi launcher.

Everything is working, only those heroes icons are gone and i quess this is somehow responsible for game crashing when i'm entering into battle.

In VCMI_Client_log only errors that occurs looks something like this:

601256 ERROR global [1914] - GetImage error: Request for frame not present in CAnimation! File name: PORTRAITSSMALL Group: 0 Frame: 126

I just found this projects so forgive me for being noob. I was looking for solution for the last several hours and now i feel stupid. Can anyone help me out with this?


Had this issue with .98f. Solution: install regular .98, then install .98g after that again
 
     
Warmonger 
VCMI programmer


Age: 28
Joined: 07 Jun 2008
Posts: 1537
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posted: 2016-03-02, 19:23   Re: Missing portraits of heroes, crashes when entering battl

Tooandorisu wrote:
BTLtu wrote:
Hi.

As the topic says, portraits of heroes are missing everywhere ingame.

I have: Windows 7,
H3 Complete [from GoG],
VCMI 0.98g,
Installed only Wog mod from vcmi launcher.

Everything is working, only those heroes icons are gone and i quess this is somehow responsible for game crashing when i'm entering into battle.

In VCMI_Client_log only errors that occurs looks something like this:

601256 ERROR global [1914] - GetImage error: Request for frame not present in CAnimation! File name: PORTRAITSSMALL Group: 0 Frame: 126

I just found this projects so forgive me for being noob. I was looking for solution for the last several hours and now i feel stupid. Can anyone help me out with this?


Had this issue with .98f. Solution: install regular .98, then install .98g after that again

This shouldn't happen, probably some config files were lost after 0.98.
_________________
Think twice if you really need to send me private message. Use public forum for general questions.
DJ Warmonger blog
beegee wrote:
Warmonger, you are the best!
 
 
     
BTLtu 

Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 2
Posted: 2016-03-03, 14:06   

AVS wrote:
What if you disable WOG?


Disabling WOG doesn't help. I'll try Tooandorisu solution. Thanks for the replies.
 
     
Tooandorisu 


Age: 29
Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Posts: 83
Posted: 2016-03-03, 14:39   

BTLtu wrote:
AVS wrote:
What if you disable WOG?


Disabling WOG doesn't help. I'll try Tooandorisu solution. Thanks for the replies.


Say if it works or not
 
     
misiokles 

Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 162
Posted: 2016-04-14, 09:06   

In launcher there'a a yellow exclamation mark at VCMI essential files (version 0.98g) and user can click Update button to update files. Wrong! Updating files that way causes lots of errors like missing portraits or totally messed creature windows.
 
     
Andrettin 

Joined: 11 Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Location: Vienna
Posted: 2016-07-11, 12:44   

misiokles wrote:
In launcher there'a a yellow exclamation mark at VCMI essential files (version 0.98g) and user can click Update button to update files. Wrong! Updating files that way causes lots of errors like missing portraits or totally messed creature windows.


I had exactly this problem! After re-installing VCMI it went away, thanks for the heads up :)
 
     
CdBobo 
Horde

Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 3
Posted: 2017-05-23, 03:51   

Yep. Just reinstalled it and voila, problem went away. I still get the
Error: campaign movies was not found!
Error: campaign music was not found!

errors but apparently those don't actually cause any problem... (I'm running Heroes III complete, NOT GoG version.. had this game a long time what can I say :D )
 
     
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB modified by Przemo © 2003 phpBB Group

Hosting provided by DigitalOcean
Page generated in 0.02 second. SQL queries: 13