VCMI 0.72d - development version

A new development version is ready. It has almost all features that will be in upcoming 0.73 release.
I’ve added support for sailing, shipyards and a number of sea objects. Hero meeting screen is fully functional, it misses only split button (it’ll be added soon, by that time shift+click should work).
All features marked as supported since 0.73 on the feature list should work. ( spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= … pLe4raNAWA )
And all items said to be fixed should be really fixed :slight_smile:

Unresolved issues list:

Please check if the list is correct.
PS. Anyone willing to add some of them to the tracker?
vcmi_072d.7z (1.8 MB)

I can confirm 2 bugs from 0.72c are still there, so you can add them to the above list:

Both are easily reproducible:

0.72c#23 : Just load the attached game in 0.72d and you should have all heroes with 0 Experience. If not the case, we need to dig further, as for me it’s always reproducible on that map. EDIT: I tried other maps and I also had it on the standard Brave New World map. Maybe you can check what these two maps have in common that could cause this.

0.72c#38 : After loading the attached map, check the number of Pikemen available with only the Fort built. And if you hit End Turn till the day 1 of the next week you’ll get the same: 28 more Pikemen i/o 14. And I see now that I was a bit wrong about my “Grail bonus” description above. The bug description is simply: On day 1 of every week we get the basic growth of each creature TWICE.

//

I could do it, though I don’t have much time these days (my short holiday is over), so I’ll have to choose between testing and logging. For me it really doesn’t matter so just let me know what I should give priority to. :wink: One question though: editing SourceForge entries is really impossible, or just a matter of access level? I found it a bit annoying not being able to re-edit after realizing I forgot a link or made a typo (link can be added in comments, but a mistake in the description cannot be fixed anymore). :stuck_out_tongue:
Test Map.h3m (4.8 KB)

[size=84]And the first 0.72d bug (it’s actually an old one from 0.6x returning - and possibly to be fixed once you redo the menus):[/size]

#1 Crash when trying to start the game selected by default on top of the list, after sorting the scenarios by map size:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090727-CrashaftersortingonGameversi.jpg (see attached logs if necessary)
090727 - Crash after sorting on map size - logs.zip (1.58 KB)

#02 Some crashes at the beging of the battle. Not reproducible. Different maps, also in previous version 072c-first save,next 3 are from current ver. I’m not sure if you are able to find out what is the reason of these crashes from info I can give you. Maybe you will need to trigger it out by yourself.
Screenshots are for crashes no 3, 4 and 5 (I have 3 more if needed more log files)
crash_battle_3_ver 072d
img189.imageshack.us/img189/3254/crashbattle3ver072d.th.jpg
crash_battle_4_ver 072d
img40.imageshack.us/img40/8616/crashbattle4ver072d.th.jpg
crash_battle_5_ver 072d
img27.imageshack.us/img27/7797/crashbattle5ver072d.th.jpg

no1 - attack on infernal troglodytes
no2 - attack on troglodytes
no3 - attack on wights
no4 - attack no pegasi
no5 - attakc on pikmens

#03 (I’m not sure if there wasn’t such a bug)
If harpies attack dragons game crashes. Similar to #17 and #71 (72) from ver 0,72
img27.imageshack.us/img27/5481/clipboard02fvc.th.jpg

#04 Small bug with battle screen.
img39.imageshack.us/img39/9779/clipboard03h.th.jpg

#05 I’m not sure if the implementaion of shipyards is finished but for sure game crashes if you want to buy boat.
EDIT: map name “All for one” (Jeden za wszystkich) (added save+logs)
img20.imageshack.us/img20/2787/crash06buyingboatzip.th.jpg

For sure the damages are to high but it is hard to say how much. ie. Magic Arrow of hero with Spell Power=4, kills 14 Arch Magi so it minimum 14x30=420 dmg.

#06saving settings for battle options, not implemented saving the setting of animation speed during the battle. And if you start new map also there is default switched on grids.

PS.

It would be nice if you do it. It’s much easier to use sourceforge to check and compare the bugs.
crash_05_buying boat.zip (79.1 KB)
crash_03 harpies vs dragons.zip (79.8 KB)
crash_battle_5_ver 072d.zip (83 KB)
crash_battle_4_ver 072d.zip (85.2 KB)
crash_battle_3_ver 072d.zip (91.4 KB)
crash_battle_2_ver 072d.zip (89.3 KB)
crash_battle_1_ver 072c.zip (159 KB)

@Boulie:

The #02 bug looks very much like what I had reported as 0.72#71, though it seems you ran into it more often than I did. Good that yout added the logs. Maybe it’ll help the devs to identify the reason, as the bug is otherwise not reproducible - at least I didn’t manage using your saves.

#03 - As you said, it’s most probably the same bug reported in previous versions regarding the attack on 2-hex creatures. I stopped reporting this since TowDragon said it’ll be fixed for 0.74 only, but maybe it’s good you gave the logs (you never know when the cause is actually different;)

#04 - This was also reported as 0.71#22. Now they’re both logged in SourceForge: sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d … id=1127189 :slight_smile:

#05 - I edited your post to add a log number because IMO it has to be fixed (I believe Tow meant us to test if everything about Shipyards is implemented correctly). However, can you reproduce it (screenshot/map name/logs)? I’m asking because so far I was able to buy boats and embark them without a problem.

About magic damage, I think it’s always 3 times higher - see my last reply in the 0.72 thread.

#06 - I also gave this one a log number, because saving battle settings has been implemented (at least I see it works for the grids), so I guess we can start reporting which of them do not work yet (Tow/TowDragon please correct me if I’m wrong).

About SourceForge, my plan for this week is to scan all the 0.71 threads for all bugs which are neither solved nor logged in SF yet. I’ve done the same the previous 2 weeks for all the 0.6x & 0.7 threads - and everything in them is either fixed or already logged in SF or more recent threads. I’m not sure how fast will everything go, but I hope by the end of August I’ll be able to catch up with everything that will have been reported until then. crossed fingers :wink:

//
And I guess what will mainly slow me down in logging old bugs, will be the new bugs I’ll find while checking if the old reports are still valid. :slight_smile: Here are two examples:

#07 Crystal Dragons can walk over Obstacles & other Creatures. Are all dragons perhaps handled as flyers?

#08 2-hex Nomads are regarded as 1-hex creature when it comes to possible movement (possibly impacting other 2-hex creatures). However when we try to move them, the game freezes - see screenshots & attached logs.

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090728-NomadSeemsAllowedtoPasswheno.jpg - Nomads’ apparent possible moves

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090728-NomadCausesBattleFreezewhenh.jpg - Battle freeze after I tried to move the Nomads under the Crystal Dragons (no way to end the battle - logs are after I terminated the application manually)

Please use Sir Mullich in the attached map to reproduce both bugs.
Spell Learning.h3m (8.95 KB)
090728 - Nomad Causes Battle Freeze when he tries to pass through 1 hex.zip (2.65 KB)

#09 Strange AI battle behavior: when 1 Pikeman started to ‘fight’ the Ammo Cart, the other 4 got stuck in the middle of the battlefield for 4-5 rounds:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090728-The4Pikemeninthemiddledidnot.jpg

To reproduce, load the “Spell Learning” map attached to my post above and attack Pink hero (Tyris) with Sir Mullich. What I did was to use Defend for all my creatures continuously and shoot only with Ballista. One Pikeman got to my Phoenix and was killed in retaliation, but after another started ‘fighting’ the Ammo Cart, the others remained frozen for the next (about) 4 rounds, until my Ballista finally killed the Pikeman in front of Ammo Cart. Then they started advancing again. A couple were killed by Phoenix retaliations, but when after a 3rd Pikeman ‘got angry’ on my Ammo Cart again, the 4th one remained again stuck for a few rounds (until my Ballista killed the one next to the Cart):

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090728-SamePikementbehaviorlateronw.jpg

After the battle I closed the application and saved the logs. Please see the attachment.
090728 - The 4 Pikemen in the middle did not move for 4 rounds while the 5th was fighting with Ammo Cart.zip (5.29 KB)

#10 - Resource cost for ships is not showing.
img22.imageshack.us/img22/3892/shipsy.th.jpg

#11 - Heroes on coast can not interact with heroes on ship (like exchange, probably battles as well)

#12 - In system options there is some problem with hints - it looks like VCMI can’t find appropriate text.
img22.imageshack.us/img22/435/mainmenud.th.jpg

#13 - Building a ship from city - ship is placed in wrong place (2 tiles on south)
img23.imageshack.us/img23/485/newship.th.jpg

I’ve checked issues that I’ve reported for previous versions:
#18 on 0.72c - After recruiting hero, on adventure map new hero is overlapped by town.
also tight formation in events-battles still present. (Loose formation needed)

#14 - I can retreat my only hero from battle, even though I have no castle. Game continues, but freezes on pass turn command.

ref.#05 - i’ve added the save, logs and screenshot

ref.#06 - saving setting for grids works only for games saved, if you start new map it’s also switch on. I’ve added info for this point in my previous post.

#15 Bug if you want to get into subterranean gate but hero movement is just finished. There apperes info “System message: Server encountered a problem: Hero don’t have any movement points left!”. Hero should be able to go through on the other side. Also “space” button doesn’t work. I’ve attached saved game if you need reproduce the bug.

img411.imageshack.us/img411/1166/bugheromovementfinished.th.jpg

#16 Bug - harpies are not able to fly behind the other units.
img43.imageshack.us/img43/2741/bug16harpiesnotfly.th.jpg

Some battle functionalities which Zamolxis mentioned in 0.62c - development version are still not implemented, should be added to tracker ie. cerberi two heads attack, point #16.Area attacks.
bug_hero movement finished.zip (208 KB)

[size=84]I’m not sure if missing features are to be added to the tracker as well (Tow/TowDragon pls confirm). But you can always add them to the Missing features & functionalities thread here on the forum. Though I guess things like multiple attacks for creatures are not a priority for the moment, as long as we still have bugs with normal attacks.[/size]

Testing and finding new bugs has definitely higher priority than moving existing ones from one place to another.

I’m disappointed with SF tracker (though it was rather Tow Dragon’s initiative, not mine), it consumes much more time than it saves. Maybe it would have sense if it was the only place of reporting bugs but IMHO forum is way more friendly place for it.

Nevertheless if someone has too much free time, feel free to add bugs from my post.
If noone does it, I’ll simply keep using my list for “tracking” 0.72+ bugs.

Okay, then I’ll focus more on testing, but still log some bugs every now and then. But for reporting - I’d prefer to start with the ones from 0.71(x) which are not yet fixed. Once I’m done with those - and after having worked a bit with SF - I’ll have a better idea if I want to go on logging bugs or just give up. :stuck_out_tongue: I can see SF has its advantages. But if I’d be forced to choose, I’d also pick the forum any day, which is a way more flexible place to report/analyze issues.

Yes, indeed. I thought it could save us some time (assembla’s bug tracker worked well because it was the only place for bugs) but it actually doesn’t. I think sf bug tracker should be closed.

Just to make sure what you meant by “closing”, the existing reports will remain accessible right? I’m asking because there are about 30 valid bugs in there which are not in Tow’s list above, so without SF we’d have to dig in 6 different old threads to find them back.

#17 Bug if you free hero from prison it is shown in information screen as first hero from the list. Attached save before and after hero is freed.
img57.imageshack.us/img57/2052/clipboard01a.th.jpg

But after you load the saved game freed hero goes on the top of the list and now old one is shown as freed hero.
img235.imageshack.us/img235/6863/clipboard02p.th.jpg

Map: Xathras Prize
bug_17_unprisoned hero.zip (144 KB)
bug_17_prisoned hero.zip (144 KB)

It won’t be closed/deleted. In worst case it’ll be abandoned (everything will stay on its places, only no new issues there).

Actually it was never used as a place for reporting bugs.

#18 Splitting stack in meeting screen and between garrisoned heroes - if you want to separate one unit from one hero stack to another hero and you push “1”, there automatically apears quantity equal 2. (not big deal but irritating).
Everything is ok if you do it bettwen garrison and hero or from hero with one stack to another hero.
img361.imageshack.us/img361/3440/splitingunitsgarrisoned.th.jpg

img369.imageshack.us/img369/5977/splitingunitsmeetingscr.th.jpg

Actually there are 73 tickets (bug reports / feature requests). See tools.assembla.com/vcmi/report/6 .

I suggest blocking the possibility of adding new bugs, although bugs already added should be visible. There is no point in using that tracker when it’s not the primary place for bug reports.

#19 Similar crash to crash #34 ver 072c. If hero is in windmill and you want to transfer creatures after meeting screen appears windmill screen and game crashes.

img356.imageshack.us/img356/7721/crash19.th.jpg

Attached saved game before the incident, you can reproduce the crash, and logs after crash.

#20 Bug - after you load saved game with hero in boat his is outside of the boat and can not move. (you can use the same attached saved game to reproduce the bug- hero Broghild)

img86.imageshack.us/img86/129/bug20savedgamewithheroi.jpg

#21 Sometimes game crashes during getting into town. It is not reproducible and I have only one set log files (attached)
img374.imageshack.us/img374/9089/crash21gettingintotown.th.jpg

EDIT: One more time. This time when I tried to get into town with hero Korbac (not reproducible)
img79.imageshack.us/img79/2230/crash21gettingintotownn.th.jpg
crash_21 getting into town_new.zip (139 KB)
crash_21 getting into town.zip (9.11 KB)
crash_19_heroes meeting in windmill.zip (179 KB)

It’s a bug in smpeg library. I’ll try releasing VCMI with another build.

Fixed.
(occurs only after game is loaded)