A major feature of VCMI 0.97 is random map generator (RMG) which creates playable maps with all new objects that should look and feel very close to random maps from original game.
New scalable creature window is better and cleaner that old one, we're sure you will like it.
A lot of work has been done to make AI faster, I mean really faster. This should give significant improvement also on mobile platforms.
For multiplayer fans, there's a fresh but important feature of loading a game via command line:
vcmiclient --help will list the new options. Examples for usage follow:
vcmiclient --loadserver --loadnumplayers 2 --loadhumanplayerindices 0 --loadhumanplayerindices 1 --loadplayer 0 #start multiplayer server, indicated players 0 and 1 (red and blue) are human players, control all AI players and player 0 (Red) from this client
vcmiclient --loadplayer 1 --loadserverip 127.0.0.1 --loadserverport 3030 #connect to server at 127.0.0.1 port #3030, but do not start a server there, and control player 1 (Blue) from this client. Do not control AI players from this client.
Enjoy new version!
We recommend you first make a copy of clean Heroes Complete / Shadow of Death folder. Extract VCMI zip package there.
WoG is not needed. All recommended mods and files can be downloaded via Launcher included in the package.
0.96 -> 0.97 (Nov 01 2014)
* (windows) Moved VCMI data directory from '%userprofile%\vcmi' to '%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\vcmi'
* (windows) (OSX) Moved VCMI save directory from 'VCMI_DATA\Games' to 'VCMI_DATA\Saves'
* Changes in used librries:
- VCMI can now be compiled with SDL2
- Movies will use ffmpeg library
- change boost::bind to std::bind
- removed boost::asign
- Updated FuzzyLite to 5.0
* Multiplayer load support was implemented through command-line options
* Significantly optimized execution time, AI should be much faster now.
* Non-latin characters can now be entered in chat window or used for save names.
* Implemented separate speed for owned heroes and heroes owned by other players
* Better upscaling when running in fullscreen mode.
* New creature/commader window
* New resolutions and bonus icons are now part of a separate mod
* Added graphics for GENERAL_DAMAGE_REDUCTION bonus (Kuririn)
RANDOM MAP GENERATOR:
* Random map generator now creates complete and playable maps, should match original RMG
* All important features from original map templates are implemented
* Fixed major crash on removing objects
* Undeground zones will look just like surface zones
* Implemented switch to disable intro movies in game
Joined: 21 Feb 2014 Posts: 45 Location: Russia
Posted: 2014-11-02, 13:29
Hey, so I'm working on the Android port and was going to ask -- are save files compatible with the previous version? People last time seemed to get pretty angry when I forgot to mention this in the changelog.
UPD: I did some quick testing and it seems http://bugs.vcmi.eu/view.php?id=1907 is not fixed which is really bad (if it breaks all battles for people who already had this setting turned on before) so I guess I'll have to wait until it's fixed.
Congratulations and thank you for your effort for this version. It brings really good features. One of them is very exciting for me among others: Multiplayer!
I see that you have mentioned about command line options for IP's and ports regarding multiplayer game. I was thinking that VCMI only supports hot seat multiplayer for now. So, can you please clarify for me: Is it possible to play over internet now via TCP connection and/or is it possible to setup a LAN game?
I was unable to load some test maps for some faction mods.
"11:16:42.969832 ERROR global [1d58] - Failed to find object of type 98:0"
When RMG used, these factions are playable.
What is this 98:00 object may be?
o, can you please clarify for me: Is it possible to play over internet now via TCP connection
VCMI already uses TCP-IP communication between Client and Server so it's possible to set up an online game. Still, multiplayer is not officially supported and can be buggy. There are not even proper menus for all the features.
_________________ Think twice if you really need to send me private message. Use public forum for general questions.
DJ Warmonger blog
OKay, it was reproduced with ban_mod from my topic. In earlier builds these error was absent. And it occurs on test maps only, RMG works without std towns.
But if I disable ban_mod, I still got a crash (these maps worked in previous versions).
I upload these maps with the screenshot of error.
It is reproducible not only my mods, HOTA mod Cove also crashes game during load.
Just enable Cove and run this map.
Seems like something is broken.
And forgot to ask:
Fly (and Flying Ability) is still disabled and not working. Is someone forgot to turn it on? Or this is because its still not finished?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum