Forum index VCMI Project - Heroes 3: WoG recreated
Forum of the project aiming to recreate best turn-based strategy ever!

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics
RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Previous topic :: Next topic
Some C++11 bug and no way to report bugs on github
moog

Posted: 2016-08-08, 21:03   Some C++11 bug and no way to report bugs on github

Hi, first of all I wanted to report this issue on github.com/vcmi/vcmi, but as I'm not port of the vcmi org, I can't access /issues. Thankfully registering on this forum is not a hassle. Sorry, I just really, really hate registering for new things.

As to the stock of this soup, I've compiled vcmi from source according to Gentoo's gamerlay overlay. I had problems with fuzzy-lite, so I've disabled C++11 in that library.

Whenever I try to use AI, I get the following error:
Code:
/usr/games/bin/vcmiclient: symbol lookup error: /usr/games/lib64/AI/libVCAI.so: undefined symbol: _ZN2fl13InputVariableC1ERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEEdd

Is this something from fuzzylite? If someone else can confirm then this is a bug in fuzzylite, not vcmi :)

AVS 

Posted: 2016-08-09, 04:42   Re: Some C++11 bug and no way to report bugs on github

moog wrote:
Hi, first of all I wanted to report this issue on github.com/vcmi/vcmi, but as I'm not port of the vcmi org, I can't access /issues. Thankfully registering on this forum is not a hassle. Sorry, I just really, really hate registering for new things.

As to the stock of this soup, I've compiled vcmi from source according to Gentoo's gamerlay overlay. I had problems with fuzzy-lite, so I've disabled C++11 in that library.

Whenever I try to use AI, I get the following error:
Code:
/usr/games/bin/vcmiclient: symbol lookup error: /usr/games/lib64/AI/libVCAI.so: undefined symbol: _ZN2fl13InputVariableC1ERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEEdd

Is this something from fuzzylite? If someone else can confirm then this is a bug in fuzzylite, not vcmi :)

This is a result of disabling C++11.

AVS 

Posted: 2016-08-12, 16:43   

More comments:

1) fuzzylite should not have problems with cpp11 on *nix

2) if you disabled c++11 for fuzzilite you should make sure that libVCAI also compiled with no FL_CPP11

Reply to topic