VCMI 0.7b - development version

Hi,
it’s a new development version. It provides mainly bugfixes but we have also added a few new features. I’ve added morale and luck support for battles and Tow Dragon implemented obstacles on battlefield. As for now we provide only support for part for obstacles (those stored in .def files). They have been assigned to the battlefields manually, so there were probably some mistakes. Please, report if you see obstacle not appropriate for battlefield.

Please don’t report issues with pathfinder and hero orientation (not so fixed as I’ve thought). I will be working now on them, I hope they’ll be totally fixed by the 0.71 release (planned on Feb 15).

CHANGELOG

ISSUE LIST FROM 0.7 BUG THREAD:

Hope I didn’t missed anything.
Please, check if your issues that are saib to be fixed are really fixed (except of pathfinding / hero orientation when no move points available).

A lot of issues remain unresolved but this version should be a big improvement from 0.7 anyway.
vcmi_07b.7z (1.66 MB)

Small bug in this version (discovered after release): VCMI does not behave correctly when two hex unit is moved in battle to a hex not available to it, but occupyable when this unit is moved to certain adjacent tile. Such possibility has been recently added and, as we can see, not properly tested.

#1 - crash when I try marked “Prison”:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1010/20090211210141dh1.png
img7.imageshack.us/img7/3670/20090211210002lf4.th.png

#2 - crash in end of battle, I don’t know why (I got it 3 time’s)
img13.imageshack.us/img13/166/20090211211920bf8.th.png

#3 - gui problem:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7301/20090211213750nx0.png

#4 GUI problem
resolutions changing works ONLY when starting game
so it don’t work while loading save

#5 Map Loading Crash
It crashes every time when loading “Arka Noego” (“Noah’s Ark”) map
It didn’t go spoiled through previous versions
?new feature related crash?
Possible it crashes on all map, which have “flag creatures generator” as win condition

It’s true this wasn’t in the original game, but it might be interesting if VCMI would make it possible (at least in one of the mods).

The good news is that I don’t have the L14 crash anymore, which was also blocking me from exploring maps too much further. And reaching L14 also gave me the chance to notice the following:

#6 - When only 1 Secondary Skill left to upgrade at level-up, it should be already selected; and the “Confirm” button should be also pre-enabled so that we only need to press Enter to close the window:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090211-OneLvl-upChoiceshouldbeprese.jpg

#7 - NumPad Enter still does not work (possibly all NumPad keys… haven’t checked yet)

#8 - Battle interface froze when Cavalier tried to attack Archangel from below:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090211-FreezewhenCavaliertryingtoat.jpg

I’m not sure though if this is not the bug TowDragon was referring about. If not, please see attached the game file (just attack the stack of Archangels above the hero when game starts: Archangels will attack Tent, press Wait for Titans & Behemoths, and then try to attack Archangels from below with your Cavaliers).
just testing.h3m (3.93 KB)

I can confirm that with 0.7b that the 5 “flag all creature generators” maps crash (initially “vcmi_server” crashes followed by “vcmi_client”). Also I tested the 4 “flag all mines” maps and they all crashed in the same way.

Other victory condition map types seem to load up properly in 0.7b, but it appears that there is something new and specific with maps with a “flag all” victory condition.

Best regards,
Steven.

Fixed.

Yes, it is. If you encounter freezee when moving two-hex creature, it’s probably by that.

Is it reproducible in any way?

#9 Still missing arrows: http://i44.tinypic.com/nf5es2.jpg http://i41.tinypic.com/xkzq0p.jpg (both are VCMI pics, dno why i took the pictures with 2 different heroes xD)

#10 After gaining a level you can no longer scroll the adv. map with you mouse (you can scroll it with ctrl + arrow keys tho).

#11 Walking to a object with a popup window (at least it’s most noticeable, I think it can happen when picking up resources too) makes the adv. map flick a little to the way your going towards. Also happens more often after a long route (i think).
Probably caused by the change that makes the adv map smoothly follow the hero when walking.

#12 You can only attack the Nomads ass. (he’s 1 hex should be 2 hex)

#13 Wrong hexes is occupied by object. As you can see the object occupies the hexes above it. http://i39.tinypic.com/jt1l09.jpg.

#14 Also, wrong object for that background.

Just for the record, we have this bug since 0.68b. It may have been expressed/noticed in different ways, but it’s the same with #b1 reported for 0.68b:

…and perhaps it’s also related to what Aidis reported in the 0.7 thread:

[quote=“Zamolxis”]

[quote=“Aidis”]
#11[/quote]

Walking to a object with a popup window (at least it’s most noticeable, I think it can happen when picking up resources too) makes the adv. map flick a little to the way your going towards. Also happens more often after a long route (i think). Probably caused by the change that makes the adv map smoothly follow the hero when walking.

Just for the record, we have this bug since 0.68b. It may have been expressed/noticed in different ways, but it’s the same with #b1 reported for 0.68b:

Yep what you wrote there is definitely the same behavior that i ment.

#15 - [size=75]Spells do not work anymore. I open the spell book, I select the spell (e.g.: Magic Arrow), the book closes and mouse cursor has the correct “Cast” animation, but when I click on the target nothing happens and cursor changes back to normal cursor.[/size]

EDIT: Ignore this. It was because hero did not even have a spell book to start with. Maybe log it as #15 - Hero should not be able to open spell book in battle if he/she does not have one equipped; and when he/she has one, only learned spells should be available.

#16 - Spacebar does not work when hero is at Subterranean Gate. It should toggle his position between Surface and Underworld. Similar functionality for Monolith Two-Way and for visited map location (Spacebar should reopen the interface/msg for the visited map location).

#17 - Tooltip when hovering over Subterranean Gate is correct only if there are no objects behind it. If however there are trees behind the Gate for example, the tooltip will read “Trees” i/o “S.Gate”. It affects of course only the side tiles of the Gate, not the center one (behind which we cannot place anything in the editor).

#18 - A scroll picked from the adventure map turned into a Spell Book (both message window and object on hero - it was a Ranger which didn’t have one before)

#19 - The console showed the following message every time (I think) my Grand Elves were shooting at some Efreets: Something wrong with stackNumber in actionStarted. If useful, I’m attaching the client log as it was just after the battle finished:
Sth wrong with stack number in actionStarted.zip (6.49 KB)

#20 Hero spell animation in battle isn’t working correct. if you cast a spell like Magic Arrow the hero animation is shown during the spells “flytime”. if you cast a spell like Bless the hero animation is shown forever or until another spell is cast. (could it be that it’s shown for the whole spell duration?)

I also got this messege everytime i was shooting a magic arrow at some creature (dont remember what kind) + got it one more time earlier every time it was my pikemen’s turn if i remember it right.

A second scroll picked by the same hero turned into a second spell book in his backpack. Which also brings me to a new bug:

#21 - Spell books can be opened while in backpack.

And because no release should go without a “O nie, tylko nie znowu te cholerne ścieżki!” report: :stuck_out_tongue:

#22 - If hero is out of movement points, the second click on the destination spot makes the pre-set path disappear.

I actually noticed this too but it’s happening very very rarely (for me at least, i think i’ve noticed it only 2 times) and didn’t find a way to reproduce it so I waited with reporting it.

#23 - Heroes of the same colour can’t meet to transfer artifacts and troops (the second one just walks over the first one).

Best regards,
Steven.

#24 - level up skill advancement changes when loading a save game. So if you don’t like a particular choice, just reload before levelling up and you can get the choice you want. In H3, given a certain group of secondary skills, level-up will always give the same choices of secondary skills, and I think the same primary skill too.

Best regards,
Steven.

#25 - Sometimes the same skill choice is given for both alternatives in a level-up. See screenshot.

img10.imageshack.us/img10/6866/samesecondaryskilltf5.th.jpg

Best regards,
Steven.

#26 - Bonus luck and/or morale from map objects for next battle doesn’t seem to be re-setting after the next battle.

Best regards,
Steven.

#27 - Water Wheel should only give 500 gold in the very first Week 1, then give 1000 gold once each week for the rest of the game. Currently the 500 gold is given in Week 1 of every month.

I’m also getting frequent crashes or freezes in battle (no creature selected), but loading from save game seems to help. Let me know if you want to see some of my save games.

Best regards,
Steven.

#28 - Hero spell animation in combat does not change back after the spell is cast.

img10.imageshack.us/img10/8067/herospellanimationdoesnyc2.th.jpg

Best regards,
Steven.