Previous release 0.97 was not very satisfactory, it has a number of issues with AI as well as crashbugs. Luckily now all these problems are solved and you can play new VCMI 0.98 with no problems.
Finally all the spells in game are supported. New additions include missing adventure spells and Earthquake.
An important new feature is World View option. You will also notice nice fading effect on picked treasures and adventure map transitions.
Pathfinder and AI are allowed to use Monoliths to teleport between different parts of map. This should substantailly improve your game experience.
RMG got significant improvements to balance and look. Most prominent feature is presence of rock tunnels in the underground level.
Savegame format has changed since 0.97, but you still will be able to load games from 0.97c.
We recommend you first make a copy of clean Heroes Complete / Shadow of Death folder. Extract VCMI zip package there.
WoG is not needed. All recommended mods and files can be downloaded via Launcher included in the package.
0.97 -> 0.98
* Pathfinder can now find way using Monoliths and Whirlpools (only used if hero has protection)
* AI will try to use Monolith entrances for exploration
* AI will now always revisit each exit of two way monolith if exit no longer visible
* AI will eagerly pick guarded and blocked treasures
* New spells handled:
- View Air
- View Earth
* Implemented CURE spell negative dispell effect
* Added LOCATION target for spells castable on any hex with new target modifiers
* Implemented OH3 stack split / upgrade formulas according to AlexSpl
RANDOM MAP GENERATOR:
* Underground tunnels are working now
* Implemented "junction" zone type
* Improved zone placing algorithm
* More balanced distribution of treasure piles
* More obstacles within zones
Many thanks to all developers who contributed to this build, especially new joiner ArseniyShestakov aka. SXX.
_________________ Think twice if you really need to send me private message. Use public forum for general questions.
DJ Warmonger blog
Warmonger, you are the best!
Last edited by Warmonger on 2015-07-20, 07:50; edited 3 times in total
Joined: 21 Jan 2011 Posts: 12 Location: Russia, N.Novgorod
I am following development of the project with much interest. Glad to see most of the original functionality is there. Can't wait to see what you add after 1.0. What I'd personally like to see is RMG making better sea-maps with larger islands (the original ones always sucked), more than 8 players and option to use the original H3 icons (I can't stand the old ones, they just don't fit here). That, WoG and HotA… Could be really fun :)
PS. In the wiki you have the following passage: “although it doesn't follow its initiative mechanism”
Don't you guys mean “initial”? ;)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum